Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

1. To become less selfish.
If you have ever been/are pregnant you know that being incredibly spoiled is a very special part of that time of your life. Recovery after delivery is an even greater time of being spoiled. THANK YOU! to everyone who spoiled me BUT it's time for me to begin doing things for myself again and to actively begin giving back.

2. To cherish.
I know my life has just become the best it has ever been and I want to enjoy each and every moment.

3. To be a better mother.
I have a long list of ways I'd like to improve based on what I have already learned these past three months. I have promised her time and time again in her journal that I will do my very best at this special job for her, for always.

4. To be a better wife
I read lots of books while we were expecting and I kept coming across the same advice and many sources, including His Word, made it clear that I am to be Mark's wife first and foremost and then Annabeth's Mama. Already I see that it's easy to make my relationship with her the center because she needs us to do everything for her, because she cannot eat without me, because she is who I spend my days and nights with BUT I cannot possibly be a good mother to her without being a good wife to my husband, her beloved Dadddy.

Each year I make resolutions and each year I do a fairly good job of keeping with me. I am praying that I will find myself successful in these endeavors this year. Happy 2012.

No comments: