Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Dancing in the Rain (and sprinkler)

Monday evening, Annabeth and I headed out after dinner (around 7:30) to play in the sprinkler. It was just starting to sprinkle as we headed out. I turned the water on low and let her run in the sprinkler and the rain. As she danced and ran, I realized that the setting sun behind her was making the water glimmer and sparkle. It made for a beautiful moment to share with Annabeth and a beautiful series of moments to photograph.


"Never. Ever. Ever.
Give up the desire to climb trees
or run through the sprinkler."


"Anyone who thinks sunshine is pure happiness
has never danced in the rain."


"Some people dance in the rain. Others just get wet."


"If you have good thoughts
they will shine out of your face 
like sunbeams 
and you will always look lovely."
- Matilda


"For this child I prayed,
and the Lord answered my prayer."
1 Samuel 1:27

I pray I am never to old to dance in the rain or run in the sprinkler.
I pray that Annabeth never feels too old to dance in the rain or run in the sprinkler.
I am so thankful today, and everyday, for our precious Miracle Girl. 

No comments: