Friday, January 8, 2016

Frugal Friday 124

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- I ordered prints for FREE from Shutterfly when they ran their 101 Free for New Year's.

- I had 25 FREE cards and FREE shipping from Pampers Rewards to be used on Shutterfly. The kids and I made their Valentine's one morning. A bit early but we had some fresh roses that Annabeth wanted to use in the picture. Saved: $32.25

Outtake from the Valentine Photo Shoot.
So sweet! Just imagine how cute the final shot was! :)

- Mark worked overtime over the holiday weekend and one night at his part time job.

- We resisted the urge to eat out (many times we resisted!) and cooked at home all week. We tend to really want to stop for fast food or order pizza when we are busy and both are so expensive!

- Annabeth and I deep cleaned her room. She was able to part with some toys and we also toted some clothes to sell later at the consignment sale.

- I sorted through Owen's hand-me-downs and found that he had WAY too many in some sizes! I matched outfits with what we have and then will sell the others.

- A friend gave us a box of hand-me-downs for Owen. They are 3T and are will be a huge blessing when Owen gets to that size. We mailed a thank you note and gift card as a thank you to the Sherry Family. Thank you all!

- Thursday our friends the Gomez Girls had us over for lunch and Cynthia cooked another authentic Mexican meal for us. Cynthia sent home a huge container of leftover soup which we enjoyed as a family for Thursday dinner and Friday lunch. Thank you! We love trying new foods and learning more about their culture. Annabeth is convinced that she is Mexican and will speak Spanish to anyone who will listen. (Some gibberish with her Spanish counting and vocab words thrown in)

- Thursday evening a friend came over to shop from Owen's hand-me-downs. I am thankful to buy and sell with friends. It makes letting go of things so much easier when I know who will be wearing them.

We had a good first week back to school. I am continually so thankful for the blessing of being a Stay-At-Home Mama and  Homeschooling Family. May all glory and honor be His.

Happy Savings to All!

No comments: