Friday, March 11, 2016

Frugal Friday 133

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money:

- We volunteered as a family on Saturday morning. We helped fill food bags for hungry children in local schools. If you are local and would like information about this ministry of The Church of God in Franklin please leave a message and I will pass along donation and contact information.

- I entered our diaper and wipe codes for the month. Owen has to wear one specific kind of Huggies and can only use one specific kind of Pampers wipes so I enter codes for each brand to work towards free items. We also reached a month milestone on Pampers Rewards so I earned 300 bonus points.

- We used a Starbucks gift card to enjoy a Saturday treat.

- I mended my favorite grey sweater. It had torn on a seam and was fixed quickly. I am thankful as it is one that I love to wear.

- Tuesday we had friends over between dance and library storytime. After storytime, we headed to the park to enjoy a gorgeous day!! It looks like spring is on it's way!

- I sorted hand-me-downs from the kids' cousins and got one box ready for the spring sale and one box set aside to save to return to them.

- We spent a ton of time outside this week! After weeks of one or two warmish days and then cold/rainy days it was nice to have quite a few lovely days in a row. The kids both love to be outdoors and we are all happier in the sunshine!

Mr. O turned 9 months last week and is looking quite
grown-up! I think his 6 teeth and longer hair really make him look older!

- Annabeth enjoyed shaving creme play during school one day. We haven't practiced letter writing this way in a while and she really enjoyed doing it again.

She loves to play and paint and shaving creme makes both more fun!

- I was able to order two books of Amazon for FREE thanks to a birthday gift card from Luke and Cassidy. I ordered Don't Let The Pigeon Finish this Activity Book for Annabeth to work on for fun. It has the characters from Mo Willams' books that Annabeth currently LOVES. I also ordered Under Duress a new novel from a fellow Hoosier Homeschool Mama and a blog friend of mine. You can find her blog here.

We had a great week and are so thankful for the arrival of more spring-like weather!

Happy Savings to All!




No comments: