Friday, May 13, 2016

Frugal Friday 142

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- I used items we had on hand to make my Derby hat. I also took advantage of free printables from Polka Dot Chair to add to roses for a Derby flower arrangement for Momaw.

- Owen won $45 off our Derby bets. We added that money to his savings account.

- We gave three handpainted picture frames for a birthday gift and two Mother's Day gifts. We also hand-made cards for the holidays.

- Mark and the kids sent me beautiful lillies for Mother's Day! We have been enjoying them all week!

Yellow and white lillies are my favorite!

- My family sent us home with a box of leftovers from the weekend. We were blessed with a bag of slider buns, a loaf of bread, three boxes of cereal, baby snacks for Owen, and my favorite cookies. Thank you all!

- I received my consignment sale check. I paid my sister-in-law Jenn for her portion, set aside a tithe for church, and put the rest in my 30th Birthday Trip savings. Usually sale money goes to things for the kids but they currently do not have any needs so my trip savings got a boost!

- I received my freebies from PinchMe. I am excited to try and review lots of good looking products this month!
This month's freebies from PinchMe. I am especially looking forward to the mud mask!

- We enjoyed lunch out with friends on Tuesday at Chilli's for kids-eat-free day. We saved $4.99 on Annabeth's kids' meal and ate the leftovers for two additional meals.

- I ordered Owen's big-boy car seat from Amazon. I used a $14 gift card to help offset the cost. I also shopped through eBates for 3% cashback.

- We spent lots of time outside. 70 degree weather is perfect for us!

Annabeth was showing Owen "Calli" the caterpillar she found.
She carried him around for a few hours and then we put him in a tree.

We hope you all enjoyed the Derby, Mother's Day, and beautiful weather as well!

Happy Savings to All! 



No comments: