Monday, February 25, 2019

Going Gray: 4.5 Month Check In

Today was the BIG day - COLOR DAY!!

Remember, that I initially thought my hair would go from gray roots to completely gray in about six months..maybe not! I then debated what to do: strip all the color right away (Mark and Annabeth both rejected this idea as they wanted to see the transformation slowly), let it just go and hate the ever-growing skunk stripe for 18+ months, or do this highlighting to help it all blend more. I went with the highlighting option after meeting with the amazing Christy Stearns!

Here is a "before" picture from last Thursday.
**I will say that I had my hair pulled back and was looking more white than days when my hair was down and styled more carefully**

Enjoying the Garfield Park Conservatory

Tonight I headed over to Christy around 5:15 and walked out three hours later feeling better about my hair than I have since my roots began showing in November! She was so incredibly patient and helped me make it all work out okay. 

Tonight's "Before" Photos. 
You can see the gray ring around the top and the dark down below.

I am not exactly clear on the whole process tonight but we did some highlight foils, sat under a heat lamp for a while, and then did lots of rinses and washes. I don't think anyone is hoping for a step-by-step or a how-to so I'll leave it at that. I'll just get to the good part...the AFTER photos!!

Front View. 
It's hard to see my hair so light as I've always
had dark hair. That being said - I feel like it looks
very natural and blended. 

No more "she let herself go"
but more of a
"you go girl!"

Loving it way more than I thought I would!

This has been such an emotional night. When she lifted the foils to peek, I saw just how light my hair was getting. Then, after we washed it was scary! It didn't look like my hair at all. I thought, "Oh no. This is going to look so fake. So not like me" And then she blew it dry and styled it and she was right. It looked natural, like I had done it on purpose, and had 100% fixed my grow-out issue! 

I want to say such a HUGE THANK YOU to Christy at Hair by Christy Stearns. I really did do this on a whim and then completely panicked at the thought of 18+ months of skunk hair. Christy gave me this great cut and this amazing color blend! She is the best! 

So, I have to say that at 4.5 months in of Going Gray I am feeling my very best with gray! 





No comments: