Friday, December 10, 2021

Frugal Friday 421

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money:

- Saturday morning the moms of our homeschool co-op enjoyed a lovely tea at Rustic Root. I was on the planning committee and was so thrilled with being able to share such a great morning of fellowship with friends. It was also a very affordable morning out, under $20 with tip/person!

- Sunday after church we enjoyed pizza at Mark's mom's house. She generously sent us home with leftovers which was enough for two meals! Thank you. 

- Sunday afternoon I finished out a clothing challenge that I have been working on for a couple of weeks. I set the goal to wear only tops, skirts, and dresses that I haven't put on all fall. Any items that I tried on but didn't wear were placed in a bag. Then Sunday I took out all of the passed over items and tried them on one by one. I did find that several items I pass over often look nice on me and I'll wear them this week. In all, I have 18 items leaving my closet! I always let Mama and Lu look through them first and then we pass along to friends or donate. 

- Monday we had a "Christmas School Day." With a 5th grader and 1st grader, I really want to slow down and savor the season. I am very aware this year of how grown-up Annabeth is becoming and I don't want to miss the little moments. After just a bit of book work, we made Christmas crafts, listened to Christmas music, painted, made cards for friends, and started our favorite winter book The Long Winter.

I got these cute little craft kids for free with Meijer coupons

- Monday morning we also dropped off 12 puzzle and book sets to the Franklin PD Toy Drive. Thank you to all who donated towards the fun cause. We love blessing our community and always support our local police.


- Tuesday night Owen had the opportunity to visit a firehouse. He went once with our homeschool co-op as a baby but then by the time he was far enough into preschool to go COVID shut them down to visitors. He very much enjoyed going with his Cub Scout Pack. Thank you Indianapolis Fire Department for allowing our guys to have a great learning opportunity!


- I ran my last Usborne Books & More inventory sale of 2021. There are still many great books, and collections, all $15 and under in my VIP Group. Check out the SALE. There's also still plenty of time to shop! Order (here) by December 16th for Christmas Delivery. 

- Yesterday we stopped by a friend's house to deliver a book and she generously had cookies ready for us. Thank you Katelyn for sharing your baking talents with us! 

We are looking forward to a VERY busy weekend with gym time, birthday parties, and our church Christmas Cantata. If you live in the Indianapolis area and would like to enjoy our church's Christmas program please message me for dates and times.

Happy Savings to All!

No comments: