Friday, June 10, 2022

Frugal Friday 447

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here's how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- We did our weekly grocery shop through Walmart online. We spent $95 for the week which was more than the past couple weeks but were very pleased as we hosted Owen's family birthday party on Saturday and had overnight company Sunday and Monday. 

- For Owen's party, we had 10 additional family members over. When all together we are a peanut-free, treenut-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free group. To keep everyone safe we purchased four kinds of lunchmeat, three types of bread, and I made three gluten-free/dairy-free summer salads. We had plenty of salads for Saturday night and Sunday dinner leftovers. 

- Mark's mom got Owen an awesome batting practice set-up. He and Annabeth spent HOURS in the backyard working on swings. Thank you Nana!

- My parents gave Owen a bike for his birthday. Dad and I took the kids around to three stores to find the right size and style of bike for him. We were thrilled when the price tag was wrong and it was 50% off at check-out! 

- My dad took the kids out on a picnic/park date on Monday. I picked up lunch at Main & Madison Market Cafe (thank you Mark for the giftcard) and had a quiet lunch at home. 

- Owen's team won their first baseball game Monday night. My dad treated us all to ice cream afterwards to celebrate the win. Thanks Dad!

We LOVE our new dessert shop Frozen Paradise.
They are incredibly knowledgeable about food allergies and keep 
our girl safe! 

- Tuesday night Owen and I met up with my sister-in-law and her family for dinner. We had Chicago's Pizza and Red Line Ice Cream as part of a Dine to Donate for a program that my SIL volunteers with. Mark and Annabeth enjoyed the leftovers later that night. 

- Mark took in some custom orders from his Etsy shop. He made 7 soup bowl coozies for a friend (six she ordered for her boys and then we surprised her with a princess one for her) and also made our kids a Garfield one and Chicago Cubs one. 

- I thought I had gotten an awesome deal on some school supplies. I had planned to gift them alongside some great activity books for June birthdays. I had accidentally ordered these HUGE school sets of 120 colored pencils. We were able to return to Walmart for $30 back on our card. Keeping track of what comes into our home and if we will actually use it is a HUGE way that we spend wisely/save our money. I am always sure to promptly return items that we do not need. 

- Today kicks off a 2 Week Summer Reading Program with my book business. I have always used #morethanbooks and I really, truly mean that. My business is about sharing beautiful books with beautiful people. Hosting a summer reading program is a new, fun way for me to serve my community. Thank you to my book lady friend Mary for advice on running this!

We are looking forward to a fun weekend with friends.

Happy Savings to All! 

No comments: