Friday, July 8, 2022

Frugal Friday 451

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Friday night we FINALLY had our "Last Day of School" dinner. We missed it in May and just haven't been out to eat as a family until Friday night. By making eat-out meals a VERY rare occasion it's always very special for the kids. 

- Saturday afternoon we drove down to the lake to visit our friends the Ottes. They generously opened their home and lakefront to us AND served us pizza dinner! They are truly so kind - especially as they had a baby later in the week! Our kids had the best time swimming together. We took along watermelon and dessert to add to the dinner. After dark, we headed over to the lake chapel to watch the fireworks. We were engaged during the lake fireworks and it's our special tradition. 

At the 2006 Lakeview Fireworks I prayed that God would let me be Mark's wife.
At the 2007 Fireworks we got engaged.
2022 We celebrated with our 10 and 7 year old! Time flies! 

- Sunday after church my sister-in-law came over. She recently joined my book team and we had fun training together. Through July 15 it's only $5 to join UBAM - How can I help you decide to change your finances? 

- Sunday evening we went to the pool during "Twilight Swim" - the last two hours the pool is open - for just $2/each. 

- The kids have been asking to re-do their bathroom for quite a while. They couldn't agree on at theme or they kept choosing themes that would require a lot of shopping. Finally they asked for Minnie and Mickey and we were able to change out our Lemon Bathroom to Mickey Bathroom for under $10. 

The big "picture" is actually a puzzle.
Annabeth received it for Christmas and asked to frame it for decor
We got the Mickey/Minnie towel for just under $10 online

We changed out this wreath from lemons
to the Mickey and Minnie heads.
They are from another sign we have in the living room. 

- Tuesday was our first day back to school. Annabeth is in 6th grade this year and Owen is in 2nd. It is our 10th official year of homeschooling with curriculum and I am excited for what we are all going to learn! 

- Tuesday evening I had dinner out with a friend. This was such a special treat and I am thankful for it!

- Wednesday after school the kids and I met up with Mark's mom and three of the cousins for a movie date. Kristi generously bought everyone's tickets and candy for everyone. This was the first time we have been to a movie in over a year so it was quite the treat! Thank you!

- I purchased a swimsuit from Zulily that didn't look how I liked and unfortunately I couldn't return it. I posted it for free on Facebook and was able to trade it to my friend Alysha for a bag of hand-me-downs for Owen. I was glad to be able to get it out of our house and to someone who will wear it. 

- We spent two evenings this week visiting on our neighbors' porch. Last Friday our power went out but we had the garage door up so we went over until the power came back on so we could put the door down. We also sat over on the 4th and watched some fireworks in the neighborhood. Our neighbors are in their 80s and are such an incredible encouragement to us in faith, parenting, and love. 

- Last night I tried my hand at French cuisine. I made Croque Monsieur Pie for dinner. The recipe called for bread with the crusts cut off. I kept all the crusts and baked them up this morning for the kids as "French Toast Sticks" - waste not, want not. 

We'll see you back in 2 weeks for a MEGA Frugal Friday!

Happy Savings to All! 




No comments: