Friday, August 18, 2023

Frugal Friday 504

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last Friday Mark picked up our pig for the year. We spent right at $500 for the meat and processing. We did the same thing last year and were down to just one pork shoulder. I am very diligent about using what we have in our freezer. Last year's pig fed us for the year and we were able to give away five hams to family and friends. We are proud to buy our pig each year from a local farmer we know and to have it processed by friends in Shelby County. 

- The kids and I spent last Friday-Wednesday in Evansville. We had a great time with my parents, sister, and the family in Kentucky. We ate lots of great meals, visited the Farmer's Market, visited Dwell several times, shopped the little Darmstadt shops to kick off our Christmas shopping, and made the best summer memories. I am so thankful for this week at home each August.

Dwell Stop #2 for us
Mama, Dad, and Owen went another time as well!

- Mark has been training down in Alabama. He has enjoyed his classes and has learned a lot it sounds like. We look forward to having him home this weekend.

- Monday I had the most special day. Mama and Dad kept the kids and worked through their Evansville Bucket List. I went down to Owensboro and spent the day with my Momaw. She was 93 in May and it was such a precious day to be able to go out to lunch with her and to run errands. Some of my earliest memories are summer days spent with her and I never take for granted that I still get to make news ones at 36 years old. To have her all to myself for the day was so special. 

- I took a bag of clothes to trade with my sister. She brought some for me as well. Ones that didn't fit either of us were divided between a bag for my nieces and a bag for a friend. I stopped by her house to drop them off around 7 on Tuesday. We chatted for a while and I realized it was really dark out. I said, "Oh gosh! It's probably 10. I should head home." It was 12:45 AM!!! I couldn't believe it - I had left my phone in my car and didn't realize at all how much time had passed! 

- Wednesday we made the trek home. We got in around 2 and O had baseball at 5:30 so I splurged on ordering pizza to come while we unpacked. I used a 20% off lunch and $10 off coupon which made it a great deal. We had it for leftovers lunch on Thursday too.

- Yesterday we spent over 9 hours cleaning and moving furniture around the house. One of my uncles is moving from a large home to RV life and we are fortunate enough to be receiving three very nice pieces of family furniture from him. Before it comes, we needed to do some moving. We moved a dresser of Mark's into Owen's room, Owen's dresser to Annabeth's room, and her small dresser into her closet. She is thrilled to have an accessories drawer "Just like on Princess diaries!" We traded out her nightstand for my desk from my office. I never sit at it to work so her drawers will work just fine as the storage I need it for. We were motivated to get it all done before the furniture comes this weekend and before we do a big paint/make-over for Annabeth's 12th birthday later this fall.

- We bagged up a garbage bag of clothes and are also taking three blankets to donate. We ran out of time to drop off to donate last night but it will get done tomorrow. I work very hard to quickly get items out of the house when we are done with them.

We are looking forward to all being home this weekend - the first time in over two weeks! Hooray!

Happy Savings to All! 

No comments: