Friday, January 5, 2018

Frugal Friday 226

Happy First Frugal Friday of 2018!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- We had our first real SNOW of the year! The kids went out and played in it every day. Saturday morning we had hot chocolate and homemade brownies after playing out in the snow.

Friday night we went out after dinner for a while.
Owen didn't remember snow and LOVES it this year!
There was a firetruck down the street which, of course,
was very thrilling for Owen. Mark took the kids closer to see it.
They loved that the driver honked at them as he drove past. 

- Mark spent hours on both Saturday and Sunday shoveling not only our driveway and sidewalk but also our elderly neighbors. On of our sweet neighbors, sent her children over with some homemade chocolate chip cookies as a thank you. They were delicious!

- My nieces Kati and Elli brought Annabeth two huge totes of hand-me-downs. We returned one box of clothes to my SIL for her to sell. I am so thankful that we staggered our children well and that they have always been kind enough to share clothes with us!

- My SIL Cassidy is an AWESOME couponer and made each household in our family totes of hygeine items from her stash! I was so excited! I am slowly learning her amazing coupon skills.

- I took Cass my unused coupons from this weeks paper as well as some gift bags that she requested. I took Jenn a bottle of hand sanitizer.

- We went to Christmas (on the 30th) at Mark's parents and then NYE at his brothers. I made simple, yummy brownies for each event.

- Mark worked NYE/NYD at his part time job. He was happy to pick up this shift as holiday, weekend pay is quite nice.

- Mark and I are both big coffee drinkers. Our parents all gave us coffee to make at home and Starbucks giftcards! Thank you all for saving us on our coffee budget for the next few months!

And now we are sick...Owen had the stomach flu New Year's Day into the 2nd. We thought we had avoided the rest of us but late on the 3rd into the 4th Annabeth and I got it. Prayers for healing would be much appreciated.

Happy Savings to All!

3 comments:

Abbi said...

Praying you are feeling much better now! That is neat that your sister in law was able to bless others with her couponing skills.

Amy and Mark said...

She really is so inspiring with her savings! She is able to share with her family, our family, as well as many non-profits around her city! - We are on round two of the stomach mess and hoping to be through it soon.

Abbi said...

oh, I hope you are better very soon. We have known a lot of people get stomach flu this winter as well (especially over Christmas) but we were very blessed that only Aaron got it in our family and it was pretty short lived. Praying for you!