Friday, January 26, 2018

Frugal Friday 229

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last week, Annabeth attended a two evening cheer camp at our local high school. For $30 she had four hours of instruction, received a bow and camp t-shirt, and free admission to the high school basketball game. She loved cheering at her first basketball game and the girls did a great time dancing during the half-time show.

- Saturday I hosted our annual Junk Exchange. I have been cleaning out for months and we parted with two huge totes of items from our home! I found a brand new rug for our kitchen floor, Mark took a shoe rack for our hallway in from the garage, we found clothes for both kids, and some books and movies at the exchange. We took a whole truck full of items for donation at the Lord's Cupboard after lunch. We also were able to fill the donation box at the Church of Christ with food items for the Weekend Meal Bags. We were so happy to have a fun time with our family and friends but to also be able to bless so many others!

- Sunday afternoon, we went with my parents and sister to the Children's Museum of Indianapolis. As I mentioned last week, our pass is about to expire so we wanted to get another trip in with everyone. We loved seeing the spaceship, science area, and riding the carosel.

A HUGE Thank You to my parents for our museum pass
from Christmas 2016. We had SO much fun going to CMOI as many times
as we wanted last year!

- Wendesday icey roads canceled our trip to Columbus to visit friends so we ended up doing Annabeth's BIG closet clean-out. We pulled over 40 items. Many were hand-me-downs that we had gotten and I just washed/stored but she is old enough to say "yes" or "no." About half of them were her items from last summer that are now too small. We will tag and sell them at the Spring Consignment Sale in April.

- We did our weekly grocery trip and even with paper goods, we spent just $60 for the week. I have started meal planning both lunches and dinner and have found us saving even more money that way! I also had about $10 in coupons which always makes me happy!

- I swung by Starbucks on the way to dance Wednesday night. I used a gift-card from Christmas and my order was messed up so I ended up with one item free! Saved: $2.75

- We are gearing up for dance season, this year Annabeth will be compeiting three dances and at six competitions. She is excited and "ready, mom!" Last year, I made a cute little tag for her bag with a Minnie Mouse decoration since her dance had a Minnie themed dress. This year I took a little extra time and made these fun tags:

 I bought this adorable Little Red Riding Hood paper years ago.
Most of it was used to decorate our school room for pre-school one year
but I had enough to make this cute little tag.
I have had that giant boat sticker for a decade with nothing to put
it on. Now I know why I needed to save it!
I put each dance's dress-code on the back of the name tag 
(her dress bags are clear so I can see them straight through)
It helps her get ready and helps me make sure we have everything
back in the bag before we leave a dressing room.

I hope everyone had a good week. We wrapped up our week yesterday with another trip to the Children's Museum. Happy Weekend Frugal Friends!

Happy Savings to All! 


No comments: