Friday, August 21, 2020

Frugal Friday 359

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- We splurged and took Owen out on a special date to Bucca Di Beppo. He was thrilled to have a whole room to ourselves and loved the giant spaghetti and meatball dinner. He was so excited he cheered when he came which made the waitstaff happy! We save money lots of places so we can spend money on special things when we want them.

"That's HUGE!"

- On Friday, Owen and I stopped and hiked for about four miles at Southwestway Park. We had a great time identifying trees, plants, flowers, and animal prints. Owen also enjoyed climbing the Spider Web at the playground.


- Saturday Mark, Owen, and I spent a few hours hiking along the river in Sunset Park. Owen had been with my sister before and loved being our guide. He enjoyed stomping in the creek, finding shells, and looking at raccoon prints. 

Gorgeous River Views

- I worked on entering all of our items as well as my first two consigners' items for the Here We Grow Again Sale. I entered over 500 items into the system this week. I also was able to buy hangers from a friend for just $.07 a hanger. That's $.02 less than the best deal online plus no shipping fees!

- I saw that our library is ending their partnership with My Library Rewards. I cashed out some of our points for an Amazon gift card. Thank you to our library for this program - we've loved earning gift cards just by checking out books and other library materials. 

- We had lunch at Mark's parents house. They sent us home with leftovers that fed us dinner and lunch the next day. Thank you!

- Annabeth came back after spending over a week in Evansville. She made a ton of great memories with my family and especially loved eating sushi by candlelight, spending the night at Momaw's, making lots of crafts, and just spending time with each member of the family. She has decided that a week wasn't long enough and needs to spend two weeks there next summer. I am not sure we can share her that long - we missed her!

- Our friend Jeanette brought over a loaf of zucchini bread as well as a bag of tomatoes from her garden. Thank you for sharing! We spent a good couple of hours yesterday playing outside with our homeschool group and it was such a joy to be back together in the sunshine! 

We had a great school week and are looking forward to an empty weekend on the calendar. I cannot wait to see what fun we have all four back together. 

Happy Savings to All!


No comments: