Friday, August 28, 2020

Frugal Friday 360

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last Thursday we have our homeschool group over for outdoor play for the first time in nearly six months. It was wonderful to all be back together again!

- Friday afternoon our air conditioning went out. We called a local repair place and scheduled a service call for Monday. We have ceiling fans in most rooms and felt we could hold out and save the extra $70 that a weekend service call would have been. A friend mentioned that particular place was very expensive and tended to overcharge. She suggested somoene else. He came out Sunday evening, no extra charge, and got the fan up and running on the AC while we waited for a part to come in. We've been very comfortable (between 75 and 78) with our ceiling fans and the fan running this week. We are thankful to save money by using this person vs the expensive company. He is coming Saturday to finish the job.

- We enjoyed a Rootbeer Float Party with some friends. They invited us over and the kids and I enjoyed playing with friends outdoors.

- We had Sunday lunch with Mark's family. L&C brought over a fun sprinkler for the kids and they loved splashing with their cousin. We took along veggies and meat from our freezer to add to the family's freezers. We purchased half a pig late last year and had some cuts that we weren't going to eat. I wanted to make sure we shared before it got forgotten about in our deep freeze. 

- Monday night while Annabeth was at dance I ran to a secondhand shop. I was able to get two pairs of baseball pants for Owen, a shirt for him, shorts for Annabeth, and two shirts for me for FREE thanks to a coupon and giftcard.

- Tuesday night was Owen's last t-ball game for the season. It was really kind of sad. We have LOVED this t-ball season and made some great new friends. We were really blessed with some great families on the team as well as the sweetest coach and family! Coach and his family took all of the kids out for Dirt&Worms at Ritter's after the game. We can't wait to schedule playdates with our t-ball friends soon.

Owen was so proud to earn this t-ball trophy!
                                                       Every game should end with ice cream!

- I updated a wreath I had made a few years ago. It was looking a bit sad and I've been wanting a UofL wreath. I took off the winter decor and added some red and white ribbons and a football (all for under $5 from Walmart) and made a very cute "new" wreath for our door. 

- I ordered a food item for our pantry from Amazon. It was $7 cheaper than buying it at our local groceries and with Prime it shipped free. 

- I took advantage of free Shutterfly gifts. I made several items that I will keep back for Christmas gifts. I love photo gifts and love the great deals at Shutterfly!

- I think maybe one of the BEST things I've been doing is I've restructured my morning routine. Now when I wake up and take Oscar out, I take a few minutes to enjoy the sunrise and then I spend 5-15 minutes stretching. Nothing formal but just some good stretching to start my day. I used to check my e-mail during that time but it often caused me to feel stressed before the day really began. This stretching outside leaves me feeling calm and ready to start the day. In just a few weeks, I've already noticed an increase in my flexibility. 

We had a nice, slow week as Oscar had a hernia repair this week and needed lots of quiet time to recover. We are looking forward to a slow weekend with one, very fun baby shower in the middle! I cannot wait to celebrate this particular Mama-and-Baby!

Happy Savings to All! 


No comments: