Friday, February 19, 2021

Frugal Friday 382

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Saturday morning Mark and I enjoyed a Car Date with a special Valentine's Breakfast Box from Main & Madison. They ran a sale on this set and we each had a breakfast sandwich, fruit cup, iced cookie, and juice for only $20. We used a giftcard making it FREE!

- Saturday afternoon I used some giftcards to purchase two new home decor items at Hobby Lobby. They were both on sale so I spent just $15 out of pocket for both of them.

- Sunday was Valentine's Day. We made homemade cards and gifted the kids a book and handmade toy. Annabeth got a Princess Jasmine and Princess Tiana doll both handmade by our friend Susie. Susie makes and sells all of her items to raise money for various charities close to her heart. You can support her work here: A Gali on a Mission

- Sunday was also my 34th Birthday! Mark gifted me an amazing new piece of wall decor and the kids got me a bag of all of my favorite treats.

- We had Sunday lunch at Mark's parents' house. They ordered stuffed crust pizza and served chocolate chip cookies for my birthday. I was gifted two coffee house giftcards AND coffee for home. Thank you everyone!

- On Monday, Mark was out of the office for the holiday. We enjoyed having him home for some of the day. He took each of the kids out on a little mini-date to run necessary errands. They each enjoyed being out with him and one-on-one time at home with me as well.

- Monday night into Tuesday we got 10.8 inches of snow! We were SO excited to wake up and play Tuesday morning. I think the kids finished their Basics in record time so we could get outside. With the windchill only around 0 we took several trips out during the day and warmed up inside in between.

SO MUCH SNOW!

All wrapped up to warm-up inside

- Wednesday night I went to dinner with friends. One had mentioned wanting pizza from the Willard in a Facebook post so I messaged her and we made plans. I had a great night out with friends and it was very affordable - just $13 with tip!

- I found a free shipping deal on an Etsy item that I have had my eye on for a while. I used my Rakuten Cashback check from this month and only spent $1.09 out of pocket. 

- The kids had each finished several craft projects so I allowed them to each choose a book from my UBAM stock. Owen chose a Stained Glass coloring book and Annabeth chose a Magic Paint book. I LOVE having beautiful books on hand to read and create with. One of the MANY perks of being a book lady!

We had a full week of school, snow play, and Read Aloud hours. We are looking forward to a busy weekend and are praying for less snow/ice next week as the past two weeks we've made and changed plans many times due to the weather.

Happy Savings to All!




No comments: