Friday, March 12, 2021

Frugal Friday 385

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- At the end of last week, Owen and I did a massive room clean-out. We tried on ALL of his clothing from last summer only to find that 95% of it was too small. Thankfully we have hand-me-downs in the next size.

- I listed much of the clothing on Facebook and sold alot of it. Made: $30

- We passed along t-ball gear to friends. These items had been handed-down to us and we were happy to keep passing along.

- Saturday and Sunday Annabeth was at Dance Makers (DMI) Convention in Indinaapolis. We saved money by not staying in a hotel but instead making the 6:30 AM drive north each day. We carpooled with friends to save gas, time, and money for each of us. Annabeth, as always, LOVED this weekend and enjoyed learning new techniques from new teachers.

- Mark was gone over the weekend teaching a course with BSA. He has really enjoyed leading this program this spring.

- Owen and I enjoyed lots of quality time. We painted, crafted, read about 50 animal books, took long walks with Oscar, and he logged many hours riding his bike. 

- Tuesday we drove down to UofL. My old dorm, Threlkeld Hall, is being torn down and the Housing Office graciously saved bricks for former Threlkeld students who wanted them. The kids and I hit the book store, walked campus, took pictures, picked up my brick, and the kids kindly listened to my many stories about my years at UofL.

- After our visit, we took our picnic lunch to our friends' house in Charlestown and we enjoyed an afternoon of outdoor play. We always LOVE seeing the Eblings.

- Our Matilda Jane rewards box came from my March Party. I was so surprised to find one of the spring necklaces, I thought it was an error, but my friend/Trunk Keeper Danielle told me it was a surprise gift from her to me! Thank you Danielle - that absolutely made my day! Need a Trunk Keeper? Shop with Danielle

- I ordered some spring birthday gifts from my favorite online jewelry shop Spiffy and Splendid. I have purchased a ton of her stud earrings for myself, gifts, and incentives for my #bookbosses. This week she had a deal where if you purchased a certain amount you got a free pair. I received a beautiful rose pink pair free.

- Today at noon I'll be launching VERY EXCITING Easter Book Kits! Join me in me in my VIP Group for all of the details! 

We have been counting down to the weekend for many weeks as we are SO excited to see family from our of town that we haven't seen in 6 months! Woohoo!!

Happy Savings to All! 

No comments: