Friday, March 5, 2021

Frugal Friday 384

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- We had my parents up to stay last weekend. We made homemade pizza dough and homemade pizzas on Friday night. I loved that the kids chose that over take-out food.

- Saturday after dance my parents treated us to Mexican lunch. We had a great afternoon of bike riding at the high school, getting books at the library, and playing at the park. Owen successfully learned to ride his bike without training wheels! We took them off last fall but he didn't quite get the hang of it before the ice and snow. Now he's fully riding, hours a day, without training wheels!

- Saturday evening we had leftovers for dinner and then made homemade cookies with Grandmama Mimi. We made them dairy-free, nut-free, and soy-free so we could share them with other family members on Sunday as well.

- Sunday after my parents headed back home, we went to Mark's parents' for dinner. Mark cooked dinner for everyone - baked chicken and ratatouille. We took the homemade cookies for dessert. 

- I finished out my Spring Break Bags with my Usborne Books & More business. I also had a phone call to confirm all the details of my Easter Cookie/Book Kits. Stay tuned for more information about those! 

- I was gifted a Short Story Box to review. There is usually a $25 styling fee but it was waived in exchange for my review. While it was very nice to have clothing come that fit my petite stature, the boxes are designed for people under 5'4'', the items were ultimately not anything I wanted to keep. I fell in love with the jeans they sent but was very disappointed that a quick search showed the jeans $20 cheaper (not on sale) on the jean company's website. I ultimately returned everything to Short Story. Are you petite and want to try their box? You can use my code here for free styling on your first order.

- I ended up buying the magical, perfect fitting jeans from the company's website. I was able to get three pairs shipped for just a bit more than the pair from Short Story. (I like to have dark, light, and black jeans on hand and since most of mine were thrifted they have lived not just life with me but with others. It will be time to repurpose them soon) I wrote 1822 Denim to tell them how much I loved their jeans and they sent me a savings code for you all! You can shop with 20% off here

- We spent every afternoon after school outside. The kids enjoy playing pretend games in the backyard, bike riding, garage organizing, walking, and more. I love that when indoor learning is done they move it outdoors.

- Wednesday was Mark's birthday. We made homemade cards, gifted him a giftcard to a smoothie place, and I surprised him with allowing him to have the sole choice on a home renovation project. I think he'll like picking just what he wants. We had dinner out for Mexican and then came home to homemade cake - Disney's Gray Stuff over Chocolate Velvet Cake. I'm not sure that it's exactly what we loved while at Disney last year but everyone ate many slices this week so it was a hit!


- Wednesday night after dinner Owen rode his bike on his first long, neighborhood ride without training wheels. It was our first after-dinner walk of the year and it made me feel like spring is really here!

- I hosted a Matilda Jane Party with my friend Danielle this week. I was able to get (thanks to a sale and hostess rewards) Annabeth's Easter Dress/Hat shipped for the original price of the dress! We are all so thankful that our church reopens for in-person worship on Sunday, March 14. If you want to shop Matilda Jane, I encourage you to shop with Danielle Here

We are looking forward to a busy weekend.

Happy Savings to All! 






No comments: