Friday, April 2, 2021

Frugal Friday 388

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last Friday night Mark picked up pizza and had a pizza/show night watching the new "Mighty Ducks" show on Disney+. I was a HUGE Mighty Ducks fan and the show's first episode didn't disappoint. 

- Friday afternoon - Sunday I watched my in-laws' dogs while they were on a weekend trip. I saved them the cost of a dog sitter and I enjoyed some quiet evenings reading. I made it through 1.5 books this weekend!

- Saturday Mark and the kids came up to visit. We first went to Southeastway Park to play on the big playground. Annabeth was done after about 45 minutes so she hung out at the house with Mark. Owen and I went to another nearby park and he enjoyed climbing the bigger spiderweb there. We also took a nice long walk along the trail - we found a waterfall, bridge, and two lakes. Owen spent more than an hour throwing different items down the stream into the waterfall and enjoyed predicting how quickly each item (leaf, bark,rock, etc) would travel. We try to live by the principal "What the child finds worthy IS worthy." 


  

- Sunday evening I ran a book sale in my Usborne Books & More group to help people fill last minute Easter Book wishes. I love our Easter collection this year and was so happy to share it.

- We did an indoor campout Sunday night (we had some pretty high winds here). We ate Sunday Sundaes and watched UofL Women's Basketball beat Oregon! GO CARDS!

- Monday after an appointment in Greenwood we checked another park off our Park Visit List. We enjoyed a little nature walk and playground play. The kids loved showing Mark one of our favorite short trails.

- Monday evening Mark and I had a meeting at a church. The kids came along and enjoyed playing on the playground with new friends.  

- Tuesday morning I traded kids with a neighbor - she took all of the girls and I had the boys. All of the kids enjoyed two hours of playtime away from some of their siblings, much needed in homeschool families, and then we all came together for lunch. It was a great surprise to have lunch made for us and I really appreciated that.

- Tuesday evening Owen had a Pack Meeting at Cub Scouts. He earned five belt loops. He has now completed all of the required elements, and all but one of the electives, for the rank of Lion. Way to go O!

- I cannot believe that I haven't mentioned our BIGGEST savings of 2021 so far - Mark spent several weeks working in our kitchen and he has repainted all of the cabinet bases and doors. We never got a professional quote on this but we spent less than $100 on the project and I know it would have been more than that. It looks amazing! Thank you Mark! 

- I did a quick sweep of my closet and parted ways with 11 items. I will let my Mama and sister look through and then I will donate what no one can use.

- Wednesday we met at my friend Katelyn's house to assemble our Easter Book and Cookie Kits. Thank you Katelyn for being the baker for these fun sets! 

We are looking forward to a busy, fun weekend celebrating our Risen Savior!

Happy Easter and Happy Savings to All!

No comments: