Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Frugal Wednesday

 Happy Frugal Wednesday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Mark worked overtime and I worked my Usborne Books & More Business.

- On Friday, Mark was able to get off "early"since he had worked so much overtime the rest of the week. He and Owen enjoyed a date out buying groceries and Annabeth and I enjoyed a spa-day with nails from Color Street. I had been saving some stars and stripes nails for the 4th of July Weekend. 

- Friday night we surprised the kids, with a NOT frugal, evening out at the movies. We saw the movie "Cruella" which was AMAZING! The costumes, sets, and Emmas were INCREDIBLE! I don't generally like kids movies but I never wanted this to end! It was so good. I had planned to redeem two free popcorn coupons so each of the kids could have a snack. In the end, the popcorn wasn't Anna-Safe so I did buy her candy ($6 ugh! :( ) but Owen very much enjoyed his free popcorn.

- Saturday Mark went out to some fishing stores with a friend. The kids and I went to a local farm market, another frugal fail, as it was much higher priced than I remembered. Oh well, if I am going to feel like I overpaid at least it was at a local farm stand vs the grocery.

- Saturday evening we went down to our friends the Otte's lake house for swimming and snacks. It's so kind of them to open their home/lakefront to everyone. The kids swam for nearly three hours and I enjoyed seeing them swim with the children of friends I have known for fifteen years or more. We really feel so blessed and refreshed after time at the lake with great friends.

- We did take time to take a little walk to the bridge where Mark proposed! We also left the group to go watch the fireworks on the chapel hill. Fifteen years ago I walked down that hill to the fireworks as Mark walked up the hill and I prayed "Dear Lord, please let me be Mark's wife." A year later, as the fireworks ended, he asked me to marry him. 

With my now and forever.

The kids loved hours of swimming followed by 
running chapel hill with their glow lights.

- Sunday after church we hosted the Rileys for a cookout. Others brought salad and fruit and we supplied pork chops, turkey burgers, grilled veggies, and corn on the cob. We did ice cream treats for dessert and had such a great 4th of July together. 

- Monday Mark was off for his holiday and we divided the kids up for school and dates. Mark took Owen fishing in the morning while Annabeth and I did school. After lunch, Mark took Annabeth bowling while Owen and I did school. Mark also took Annabeth out that evening for her first fly fishing lesson.

- I stopped by CVS to get gallon zip lock bags. They were free with a coupon. Saved: $3.59

- Owen and I had a little date at Culvers this week. We each had a free ice cream coupon from Summer Reading. Saved: $5.58

We spent the past two days doing school, cleaning house, and getting ready for Dance Nationals (thus the Wednesday post) Best wishes to all of our SDA Company Family as they dance at nationals! Good luck to our Little Bit as she dances her heart out!

We'll be back next Friday with a super-sized Frugal Friday!

Happy Savings to All! 


No comments: