Friday, October 8, 2021

Frugal Friday 413: A Reflection on a Life Well Lived

 Happy Frugal Friday.

Our Frugal Friday looks different today because last Friday changed our lives. After a short battle with covid, Mark's dad, Brian, was called Home. 

I am thankful for the swiftness, for the lack of pain and suffering, and for the place at THE party that Brian was able to claim on Friday. 

For the rest of us, I am so deeply saddened by the loss of him.

This week for us has been navigating a path of kindness, patience, and understanding as the kids have asked so many questions. Our children have lost great grandparents, friends' parents, and even a family dog but never a person so close, that they loved so dearly. 

Early last Friday, we drove home from Indianapolis, just the kids and me, as the sun rose. The farm fields were bathed in a beautiful orange light. Owen said, "How did God make a day so beautiful?" Just hours later, Brian entered the Life Eternal. 

How God? How did You create a day so beautiful? A day so sad yet filled with rejoicing for a life well lived.

I thank and praise the Lord that Brian was raised in a family that valued time together, hard work, and the Lord. I am thankful that he met and married the love of his life. I am thankful that they had, and raised, three boys who all love the Lord and serve Him with gladness. I am thankful that Brian served his family, his church, and the Mexico missions with such quiet kindness. I am thankful that my children sat with him, heard his stories, and that he shared his orange slice candy with them.

I am sad for us here but also so deeply certain that last Friday Brian met Jesus face-to-face and He said "Well done, my good and faithful one." 

Owen and PawPaw
on the first night of Tigers. 


No comments: