Friday, October 15, 2021

Frugal Friday 414

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- I worked my Usborne Books & More business. Now that we're into the fall I am back into parties and fundraisers - let me know if you'd like to talk about earning cash and/or free books!

- We saved a great deal on our grocery order as we were fed by our Trinity Church Family nearly all of last week. We did make a grocery pick up for some birthday meals for Annabeth to share with family and friends.

- Last Sunday, we had Luke, Kristi, and the kids over for a birthday lunch for Luke and Annabeth. Luke let Annabeth pick the menu and she chose Bagel Bites, fruit, veggies, and then I made Luke Captain Rodney Dip. Mark and Annabeth made a chocolate cheesecake for dessert. 

- Mark was off Monday for the holiday so he ran some errands with Annabeth and they ended out the weekend by making two New York Style Cheesecakes. I LOVE when great food comes out of my kitchen that I didn't have to make! 

- I cashed in two Shutterfly freebie offers. We will be giving the items as Christmas gifts. Saved: $40+

- Zulily had a great deal on something we needed but unfortunately when it arrived it was the wrong size. Since it was their mistake, they gave me store credit to cover my shipping, shipped my refund back to them for free, and refunded my order. While I would have liked my original item, I really appreciate that Zulily always has fantastic customer service. 

- Over the summer, I won some kitchen items and candy at Baby Showers. I held onto them without really knowing why. This week a friend, who is a teacher, asked for new kitchen items for her classroom and the kids' dance studio asked for candy donations. I was able to make donations without spending any extra money. 

- My parents brought up two dried gourds from their garden. Instead of buying/carving pumpkins this year the kids painted the gourds. Owen made a ghost/pumpkin combination and Annabeth turned hers into Princess Tiana. 


- We had a very low key week back to school and getting into our new normal after Brian's passing. I tried very much to get back into a routine this week while still leaving plenty of time for cuddles, conversations, and tears. THANK YOU to everyone who called, texted, and messaged this week! Thank you especially to the friends who kept checking in even when we said "We're doing fine." We love you for knowing us well enough to know that asking for help is so difficult for us. 

Happy Savings to All! 

No comments: