Friday, February 18, 2022

Frugal Friday 431

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last weekend we all met in Evansville to celebrate Valentine's Day and my birthday. This was our first trip down in almost two months so we were very excited to see everyone. I received some great kitchen items and my sister made me homemade peanut butter fudge. We spent Sunday in Owensboro and celebrated my birthday and my cousin Adam's birthday. We used to do our birthdays together as kids and it was fun to have our kids all together to celebrate his 39th and my 35th birthdays.

My little Valentines
Owen's shirt is from last year and Annabeth found this sweet heart dress thrifting 
last summer. I love holiday outfits, especially at bargain prices!

- Monday was my actual birthday. I started off my new year with a sunrise walk and got over a mile in before 8 am. It was a great way to wake up #35. We spent the morning with my dear friend Nicole and her daughter and then headed back north after lunch. Mark had dinner ready for us and we gave the kids their Valentine's. The day was very low-key but spent with most of my favorite people. I thank and praise the Lord for my life. I pray that I will wisely use this next year to serve Him and His people. 

My sunrise walk. 
I really loved that the sun in the branches looked like a heart!

Valentine's Day picture with my Forever Valentine

- I received a giftcard in the mail for completing a COVID test study. I actually did the study in December but finally received my payment. We will save it for our eat-out and fun money for our summer vacation. The study was relatively quick and easy and I was glad to be able to quickly earn the money for our trip.

- Mark and the kids generously gifted me a gift certificate to my favorite make-up lady's shop. I was able to choose new makeup and I am going to try a new skincare product as well. Thank you Mark and kids! You can also shop with my friend Amanda via her Younique Site

- My friend Holly does incredible work raising money for the Little Red Door Cancer Agency. It was my pleasure to put together a basket for raffle for her Scrap Pink Weekend. I did a "Crafty Night In" basket complete with adult coloring books, magic paint book, coloring implements, chocolate, and a cozy candle. I hope her event is a great fundraiser for LRDCA. 

- Yesterday after co-op we enjoyed bowling with our school friends. As a school group we were able to enjoy the school rate of just $5/kid. That covered shoes and two games of bowling. It was a great time!

Frugal Fail: Wednesday night Mark and I treated ourselves to our first ever, and I mean EVER, fancy steakhouse dinner. We went to RFD and had the most wonderful dinner! This was such a special treat. Thank you to our parents who gifted us Valentine's Day and Birthday money. 

We are looking forward to a hectic weekend with all of us going many different directions. 

Happy Savings to All! 

No comments: