Friday, March 25, 2022

Frugal Friday 436

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here's how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last weekend we had an impromptu Scrabble tournament. It started with Scrabble Junior but Owen especially was bored very quickly so I pulled out regular Scrabble for the first time. He whooped us with a double word play on "Zest" as his first play. We played several games Friday night and again Saturday morning. 


- Annabeth has been hearing about Crumbl Cookies from friends. They aren't safe for her so we made some Saturday with ingredients that we have on hand. I don't know the exact price of these but am guessing they are pricey. We made 18 without spending any extra money.

- Sunday after church we had lunch at Mark's mom's house. Mark and his brother worked on some outdoor projects for his mom while I enjoyed playing with my niece and nephew. Kristi also gifted us an air fryer that she had but wasn't using. We had been debating asking for one for Christmas but never did. This week we made lots of roasted veggies in it as well as chicken and salmon. It is a win for sure! Thank you Kristi.

- Monday after school we went to a different library than usual. Owen was especially excited that the children's area was decorated like a castle complete with drawbridge, knights, and banners. We took extra time and walked the prairie trail, storywalk, and over a mile in the neighborhood around the library as well. We came home just to walk/ride bikes. 

- Monday after dinner we enjoyed a front porch chat with our neighbors and then an evening out at the park/baseball fields for Owen's practice. I LOVE this time of year.

- Tuesday morning we kept our neighbors for a bit. The kids all play together so well and it's a nice way to ease into our school day. I had a nice chat with my friend when she came to pick them up. 

- Wednesday we got an hour outside in between rainstorms. We did read aloud extra that day as we are currently reading Harriet the Spy and the kids are LOVING it!

- I've been collecting all of our items for the Here We Grow Again - Indy South sale. This week my Express family dropped off their items so I knew I needed to get ours processed and out of the way. I have given away a great deal of school supplies/books this winter and I have sold $150+ in kids' clothing on Facebook. We still had 126 items to tag though. We tagged over 200 items for our Express family.

Although we had a lot of rain this week, we popped out during all of the sun-breaks for some Vitamin D and happiness.

We are very excited for the weekend and to celebrate the wedding of one of my oldest, dearest friends.

Happy Savings to All! 

No comments: