Friday, April 22, 2022

Frugal Friday 440

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here's how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- We stayed home from Wednesday through this Tuesday. That meant that we used very little gas and didn't do any shopping over the holiday weekend.

- We do not do any kind of Easter candy or gifts for the kids. When they were younger, we did purchase The Easter Story for them. That has been our one Easter purchase over the years.

- My parents drove up Saturday and brought the kids an egg hunt. This is a tradition that is very important to them and we were thankful to be able to make it happen while social distancing. The kids loved their eggs and candy. Thank you all!

- We also gifted my parents their birthday gifts. We have been really trying for homemade or consumable gifts the past few years. Mark redid a comforter and made it into a lap blanket/two pillows for my mom's birthday and we gifted my dad candy, rootbeer, and a gift certificate to our local candy shop. 

- Sunday evening Mark and the kids went for an outdoor visit to Mark's mom's house. She was very glad to see them, we were supposed to be traveling over Easter so this was a fun surprise for her. The kids declared our small scaled, at home Easter "the best ever!" Proof that children just want the people they love with them.

- While recovering from COVID, I obviously had a lot of time at home. One project I worked through was sorting my middle, high school, and college pictures. My teenage self apparently needed 2 copies of every picture I ever took - even if it was blurry or out of focus. I condensed 8 books into two books spanning 6th grade through my midtwenties. This project was inspired my Mai Zimmy's most recent YouTube video where she sorts her memorabilia. This project cleared up nearly an entire shelf of storage space for me and did great things for my mental health. I now truly only have pictures that spark joy! 

- I tagged over 400 items for the Here We Grow Again Indy South Sale. I only took one express tagger this time as we had a large amount of our own items to sell this spring.

- Yesterday was co-op Field Day and Spring Review. It was such a wonderful way to wrap up the school year with our co-op friends. Even with the rain, our Field Day committee put together wonderful games as well as Kona Ice for the kids. Spring Review was a great evening out sharing what the kids have learned this year with the dads and grandparents. Thank you to my Mama for loaning Annabeth and me pioneer dresses and dolls for our Wax Museum. Annabeth decided early in the year to be Laura Ingalls and asked me to be Caroline - I couldn't resist matching my girl!

Kona Ice at Field Day
It was chilly and rainy outside but the ice was still a HUGE hit with the kids


Wax Museum Laura Ingalls


We had a busy week of COVID recovery for me and sale prep. We are looking forward to a busy, fun weekend.

Happy Savings to All! 


No comments: