Friday, April 29, 2022

Frugal Friday 441

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last week, while I was still in recovery mode, our sweet neighbor Gloria called to check in each day. One evening, she offered a giant box for the kids to play with. Gloria was a stay at home mom and grandma and has been the BEST encouragement to me over the years. They moved in when I was expecting Owen and she just has such a beautiful way of seeing me and the work I do. Often she'll meet me at the mailbox in the afternoon just to check on me. The kids have LOVED the big box and it's been a vet, pet shop, house, jack-in-the-box, and more! I feel so blessed by our lovely neighbors. 

- Friday evening through Sunday evening Mark and Owen camped with the scouts. This was Owen's first time primitive camping for the whole weekend and I think he loved it! We gifted him three of his birthday gifts early - a sleeping pad, cot, and camp chair. He really didn't have much of a wish list and it felt like a better decision to invest in some good, quality camp gear that he will use year after year.

Friday Evening - Ready to camp!

- Annabeth and I had a Girls' Weekend. She asked to order in Mexican food, to watch a "girls" movie, and to paint pottery so we made all of those things happen. She also went to the studio for classes, we went to church, and youth group.

- Sunday afternoon, Annabeth and I dropped off 500+ items for the Here We Grow Again - Indy South Sale. I took only one express consigner this spring and it was a great break for me! I plan to take more again in the fall but just needed to not have quite so much stored/to work on this spring.

- Tuesday night was the Raingutter Regatta for Owen's Cub Scout Pack. This was the first time that his pack has run these races. Owen had a great time building and painting his boat with Mark and the races were really a great time for all of the families. 

My Favorite Tiger


- Tuesday through Thursday, the kids and I stayed at Mark's mom's house to watch her dogs while she traveled. The kids LOVE helping with the dogs and the fun of sleeping at Nana's house. She generously left fruit, yogurts, chicken, and other snacks for us as a "Thank You"

- Wednesday afternoon we stopped by the kids' sale to look for bikes for each of the kids. No luck on the right size bikes BUT we did find a scooter for $4. We also found a leotard ($3), work-out shirt for O ($4), and Matilda Jane top for me ($8). I am sure we would have found more if we had looked longer but since we really only needed bikes I hated to find too many good deals. I considered it a win to get out for $20. 

- A family we are friends with has boys older than Owen. About once a year, Rebecca will message me and ask if I want to buy any of their outgrown clothes before she lists on Marketplace or garage sales. This week I was able to get 5 nice church shirts for $10. 

- I worked my book business, Mark had his first repeat customer in his Etsy Shop, and Mark worked both his office hours and nights this week. Dear Readers, if you see a police officer, thank them today! Last night at Owen's baseball game our team and the opposing team had guys who had each worked 14+ hours day and then came out to support their sons. Thank an Officer please!

We had an absolutely crazy week running all over but I am thankful to be feeling back to 100% and ready to close out our last 3 days of school next week!

Happy Savings to All! 

No comments: