Friday, December 29, 2023

12 Favorite Pictures of 2023

 I always like to look back on the past year and pictures are my favorite ways to store memories.

Here is my favorite picture from each month in 2023...

January
We went to Disney on Ice as the kids' BIG Christmas gift.
I loved that they still loved all of the magic of it! 
They each got to choose a souvenir as part of the trip and wisely chose a snack
that came in a take-home cup so it was a "double" souvenir. 

February
Owen and I had Mesker Park Zoo to ourselves on a cold, winter day.
The highlight?
A half-hour private session with the penguins. 

March
Annabeth and I got our ears doubled pierced on a Sunday afternoon.
I always hoped for a daughter and I am so thankful for mine!

April
Annabeth performing her solo at Just Dance.
When she was little, she set the goal of having leaps "like the big girls"
and what a joy it has been to watch her work tirelessly to achieve that goal. 

May
We celebrated our 14th Wedding Anniversary with a
weekend at the lake. The dock broke as we took this picture so we ended up 
with quite the project. Mark's ideal way to spend a weekend.

June
Dance Recital Night.
We so love watching the kids do what they love to do!

July
Our last morning in Pigeon Forge. We cleaned out the freezer and 
the kids had breakfast sandwiches and Bomb Pops for breakfast so we would
have zero food waste. I love their matching shirts and big smiles. 

August
Owen played a long, HOT, Fall Ball season in a new league.
He grew so much as a player and we were thankful for great coaching and positive fans.

September
Annabeth's first Girls' Trip with Mama, Grandmama, and Aunt Lu for Lu's Birthday.
We spent a few days in Chicago and finding a safe Gelto place was the highlight
for me. I was so happy to allow her to have that simple experience of dessert out!

October
The wonder of connection. 

November
Birds at Sunset.
Long Beach, MS

December
This one is a tie for me. On vacation, Annabeth asked for us to have matching sweatshirts 
which was such an exciting moment for me! Some days she is very 12 so I take the sweet when
I can get it! 

December #2
Our day at Gracelend.
We went as Owen's 8th birthday gift but all fell in love.
It was the perfect day together. 

Thank you Dear Readers for another year of following our journey in Life, Love, and living our goal to "owe no many anything but love." 




No comments: