Friday, May 4, 2018

Frugal Friday 243

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last Friday, the kids and I hiked a new hike location with friends. Annabeth ran most of it and loved turning creek stomping into swimming. Owen was less than impressed and I earned some extra-credit from My Fitness Pal for carrying him a decent portion of the hike.

- Friday night, Owen and I went out on a date. We found him some water sandals at one of our new discount stores in town (Ross Dress for Less) and enjoyed Ritter's Ice Cream. He loved eating gummie worms AND ice cream!

- Mark worked both his full time job and part-time job this week. Last weekend he worked nearly 48 straight hours for the sheriff's office.

- A friend messaged about the books we used for Annabeth's Kindergarten year. I was able to mail her the teacher's manual for one subject, saving her around $20. We love having just what others need and we love sharing what we have!

- I consigned with the Here We Grow Again - Indy South sale last week. I had to goal levels for earnings. I surpassed one but came up a bit short on the other. The first tier is enough to cover the rest of our Mommy and Me weekend at Lakeview so I am thankful the Lord provided.

- Saturday the kids and I enjoyed ISO's Teddy Bear Concert The Giant's Violin at the library. The kids loved "helping" tell the story and both enjoyed trying a violin after the show. Owen also loved playing a string bass.

- We visited three of our four public libraries to play this week. We also visited three different local parks for outdoor play.

- Sunday evening we enjoyed family time at Southeastway Park to celebrate our nieces' 8th birthday! It feels like just yesterday we were waiting for the call that they had arrived and now they are nearly finished with 2nd grade. We are so thankful to have these precious girls in our lives!

- Since Mark worked the weekend, he was off on Tuesday. He got to see the kids at gymnastics and then we all went down to The Apple Works. We about the only people there so we had a little snack lunch and then walked in the woods. Mark had a great time showing the kids different kinds of plants and trees. We also bought our flowers for the front porch from their beautiful greenhouse.

"My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let 
me watch him do it." - Clarence Kelland

 These two would go anywhere with Daddy!
They love being part of his adventures.

- I bought some new sunscreen for the kids and saved $6. I used a $3 off sunscreen coupon + $3 off order from Miejer.

- Wednesday morning we enjoyed a nosiy walk downtown as we watched all of the road construction. I also stopped in the courthouse to vote in the May Primary. Owen was very disappointed as he thought we were "boating" and asked our friend Officer Richards where the "boat" was.

- Owen turned in another 200 books read as part of the 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program. He earned two stickers and a foam puzzle.

- I received a renewal notice for my People magazine that I receive for FREE thanks to PinchME.com. The notice included a Forever stamp which I used to mail a letter this week. I will wait to get the magazine free from PinchMe again.

We had such a great LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL!!
We are looking forward to a fun weekend with my family and then the beginning of summer next week!

Happy Savings to All!

No comments: