Friday, September 10, 2021

Frugal Friday 409

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last weekend, the kids and I took off down south for Labor Day Weekend. We enjoyed a little fair in Darmstadt, fun at Reimann's Farm Market, playing at Stoplight City, and Manna for lunch. The kids made a bonfire with Dad and played outside until after dark. They spent the last 30+ minutes of the day playing in the hose, in the dark. Sunday after church we went to Momaw's for lunch. We also had our last pool day of the summer swimming at G&A's. The kids swam for about three hours and I have to say it was pretty glorious as a grown-up too! Monday we headed to the lake and the kids enjoyed both a boat ride and rides in Grandpa Louie's 1964 Buick. It was an amazing weekend away with Mama, Dad, and Lu!

Clearly no laboring on Labor Day Weekend for Owen

Our 21st Labor Day at Lynnville Lake 

Deckhand and Skipper

- Mark stayed home to work Labor Day Weekend. He also helped with a project at his parents' house. He worked long hours this week as well. If you see an officer today, please thank them for their sacrifice of family time. 

- Monday evening Luke brought over two dressers for us. They were ready to pass them on and Mark was in need of new dressers. Thanks Luke and Cassidy!

- I wrapped up Noah's Book Drive. We are shipping 104 "That's Not My..." books to the Riley Cheer Guild at Riley Children's Hospital. I also donated my full commission to Noah Eilerman and family. Please continue to hold little Noah in your prayers.

- I also finished out two Cards for a Cause Fundraisers for dance studios. In just three weeks, we were able to raise over $700 for dance students in Franklin, IN and Louisville, KY.

- We changed some upcoming travel plans and cancelled one night in a hotel. Saved: $150

- We had a cancelled appointment this week. Saved the cost of the appointment.

- I won $10 off my September order from my Matilda Jane Trunk Keeper. Thanks Danielle! You can shop the new September release with Danielle here: Matilda Jane 

- My last two Express Taggers dropped off for the Kids' Sale. This sale I am only tagging our own items and then for three express people. We plan to use the funds for "fun money" on an upcoming trip.

We had a good, but incredibly busy, week. I am looking forward to a fun weekend ahead!

Happy Savings to All! 

No comments: