Friday, September 17, 2021

Frugal Friday 410

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last Friday night we enjoyed Cub Scout Movie Night at Camp Belzer. We popped our own popcorn and just paid a donation to the camp ($15) to get in. I had never been there so Mark took us on a short tour before it got dark. The kids loved snacking and watching the movie outside. 


- Saturday morning Mama, Lu, and I headed to Ohio for Lu's 32nd Birthday. Mama treated us all to a weekend away so thank you to Mama for giving me the best sister and for the time away!

- Saturday afternoon we visited the newly reopened Warren G. Harding Presidential Home and Library. The library is the newest Presidential Library and was so pretty. We enjoyed touring his house as well. 


- After the tour, we drove on to Columbus and settled into our hotel. We had dinner at The Old Bag of Nails and then on to the Chihuly Glass Exhibit at the Franklin Conservatory. We were able to get in a bit ahead of our ticketed time and explored the gardens a bit too. It was all so beautiful and for sure a place I want to return to with the kids! They would have loved it!

Chihuly Glass at Night

- Sunday morning we had breakfast, and took plenty of baked goods to go, from the North Market, window shopped in the Short North district, and then on to window shopping in Yellow Springs as well. It was WONDERFUL to have time away with just Mama and Lu. I did purchase donuts to bring home to Mark and a book for the kids by a local author. 

- Sunday evening Mark treated us all to dinner back in Franklin. Annabeth was at youth group but the rest of us enjoyed a Mexican dinner. We made a point to eat our souvenir Buckeye treats before Annabeth got home.

- Monday Mama and Lu took the kids out to the park, library, and grocery to pick up special lunch items. I was able to work on HWGA fall sale tagging for 3 uninterrupted hours. THANK YOU! I now have all of the sale items organized and entered into the system.

- We made due with meals this week and opted not to have a big grocery trip. We still ate well and ate down plenty of stock. For dinner we had: pancakes/bacon/fruit, Alysha's chicken and noodles, bbq pork and salads, and homemade pizzas. I just added fruits and veggies to each meal and called it good. We had plenty of leftovers for lunch as well.

- As I worked though entering all the sale items, I saw that I was going to be short on hangers. Before I shopped for some, I asked Facebook friends if they had any. Our friends the Asher Family had saved enough for me to finish my tagging! They generously gifted these to me. Thank you all! 

- Yesterday, after co-op, we met up with our co-op friends for park play. I packed our lunches and the kids enjoyed a couple of hours outside with good friends.

- Mark worked overtime this week and I worked my Usborne Books & More business. 

We are looking forward to a fun weekend with some great plans!

Happy Savings to All! 


No comments: