Friday, January 19, 2024

Frugal Friday 523

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here's how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Friday night we had dinner a home, took a long/cold outdoor walk, and played games as a family.

- Saturday we used our local library pass to enjoy the day at the Indiana State Museum. This was the kids' first visit and our first time there since our first year of marriage. It would have been $88 for us with museum tickets + parking. Thankfully we had the free pass and they gave us a coupon to spend only $4 on parking. 

- We renewed our pass to our local community fitness center this week. Mark has a free gym at the station to use, the kids obviously workout at the dance studio, and I really prefer at home videos or outdoor walks BUT the weather has turned just too cold over the weekend. It worked out well as I walked 4 days this week on the indoor track. We receive this pass for free as Mark is a city employee.

- Sunday evening Annabeth had her first lock-in with our church youth group. I volunteered a few hours and had a great time getting to know the friends she talks about from church. I really enjoyed a big all building game of tag and was proud to be the first person to find a hidden object AND beat the middle school taggers back to base! Annabeth was shocked I had those kind of skills - all of my Lakeview training stayed with me after all. 

- Monday we took the morning to volunteer with Seeds of Caring at the Madame C.J. Walker Theater. I saw many posts from Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s children asking people to DO things vs posting a picture and quote for his holiday. The kids loved working with this program was it was activities designed FOR kids to do. 

The kids and Mark making cards to go inside of dental kits

- After volunteering, we went to lunch with L&C, the kids, and Mark's mom. It was Miss Oaklynn's 3rd birthday and we were so happy to celebrate the sassy princess with some chips and queso.

- I won a planned from the Well Planned Paper company this week! Thank you to the owner and creator Justina Murphy for this prize! I can't wait to put it to good use! 

- I kept meal plans basic and tried to make as many items from scratch as possible. We repeated Saturday night's dinner on Wednesday. I made this white lasagna soup. I had to buy some larger containers of spinach, chicken broth, half-and-half, and so I decided to make it twice vs wasting ingredients. Always shop your shelves first. 

- I worked a TON this week. I have set a BIG goal for my business this year and after missing it last year I have my eyes on the prize this year. If you are looking for help with 2024 or 2025 travel plans - please reach out! I'm happy to help. a.riley@magicalvacationplanner.com

- Mark, unfortunately, has worked a great deal of overtime this week. This winter, dreary season is difficult for SO many. If you, or someone you know, are struggling with suicidal thoughts look for help here. 

We are sad that the icy, cold weather impacted some plans for the weekend but we are confident that God has us right where we can be safe and sound. 

Happy Savings to All! 




No comments: