Friday, January 26, 2024

Frugal Friday 524

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here's how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Mark took a custom job through his Etsy Shop. I worked my travel business

- Friday night it was still very, very cold so Annabeth and I went to walk at the community center after dinner. Owen worked on his snow igloo out back while Mark cleaned up dinner.

- Saturday morning I had coffee with a fellow travel advisor/friend. She and I serve very different client bases and have had different personal travel experiences. We are both working towards a big goal in 2024 and have committed to meeting each month to help each other learn new things and to hold each other accountable. She taught me something I had been very confused about in our back office system and it made my life SO much easier this week with bookings! 

- Saturday night Annabeth enjoyed a movie night with church youth group. Another family did dinner and hosted, I had the fun of getting to know the parents of the family. We found we had many things in common - music, Louisville, and Disney - so it was a fun night for both Annabeth and me.

- After church and Sunday School, we took Mark's mom lunch. We all played games afterwards - Tenzies for some and Yahtzee for others. 

- Annabeth had youth group on Sunday night. Mark took her while Owen and I did the Sunday reset at home.

- Owen got his haircut for the first time since October this week. His regular gal was on maternity leave and he took the past few months to grow his hair out. Mark did some trimming at home but overall we enjoyed saving the cost of three haircuts. Owen LOVES choosing different cuts and came back with a doozy. He's thrilled with his new look: 

- I am cooking my way through Tieghan Gerard's Halfbaked Harvest: Super Simple cookbook. So far every single thing we have tried has been so good! This week I made her bread, chicken potpie, and lemon cod. All were fantastic!

I HIGHLY recommend Tieghan Gerard's cookbooks.
We borrowed from the library, and then got one as a gift. I love them
as I feel like a "real" cook and we are yet to try a recipe we haven't liked. 

- I made the very difficult decision to step away from leadership with my book business. I made a slight change to my role in 2022 hoping to have less stress/more flexible time but ultimately it wasn't quite enough. I will remain a Brand Partner with PaperPie and you can still shop my site here. I am thankful for the flexibility and freedom to step out of leadership in to a smaller role with the company. I will transfer those working hours to my travel business

Overall we are SO thankful that the cold left us this week and have really enjoyed being back outside more with 50+ degree days!! 

We are looking forward to our first busy dance weekend of the year. 

Happy Savings to All! 



No comments: