Friday, February 9, 2024

Frugal Friday 526

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here's how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last Thursday-Sunday the kids and I spent the weekend in Evansville for an early birthday weekend for me! Hooray! It was our first trip home since Christmas and much needed.

- Friday we went to Owensboro for the day to visit everyone. I picked bagels for lunch and received a beautiful new outfit from Momaw. I am so thankful for 37 birthdays with her!!!

So thankful for my dear Momaw and Mama

- Saturday Mama, Lu, Annabeth, and I had a Girls' Day. We went to Dwell Darmstadt for brunch and then went thrifting. We shopped two stores and I only brought home two items for myself! Their stores still have dressing rooms, unlike ours here in Central Indiana, so I was able to try on. I brought home a Madewell tank that I've had my eyes on forever on the website, paid $1.99 vs $38 new, and a dress. The dress is actually the same as one I already own, and wear many many times each summer, but in different colors. I know I will get good use from it! Mama and Lu found a few items but we really hit the jackpot with items for Annabeth and Owen. Thank you Mama for treating us all!

- After church on Sunday, Mama and I went to a grocery store that is local to her but not up north. She bought the kids lots of safe treats as a Valentine's Day gift. Thank you!! If you ever want to give a great gift to a young family - buy groceries! Such a treat!

- We continued our house cleanout. Listed many items for sale. Made: $30

- I wrapped up our Winter Cards for a Cause at the kids' dance studio. Families sold 50 card boxes and earned over $650 towards class fees! I am so thankful to be able to offer this with my book business. Ask me today if you have a group or nonprofit you'd like to raise money for! 

- Wednesday night we took dinner to some friends/co-workers who welcomed a new baby last month. We made chicken broccoli alfredo, cheese bread, and Annabeth made chocolate chip cookies. I always like making this dish as it's easy to double for us to eat that same night as well. 

- Last night was set for Family Date Night, we had plans to go to pizza and then take the kids out to get shoes for spring sports. As soon as the breadsticks arrived, Mark was called to a scene. We got the pizza to go and the kids and I went home and had dinner together. We'll hold off on the shopping for when Mark can come too. 

This was a busy week. I am thankful for the warm, sunny weather but we were very disappointed that Mark worked an incredible number of hours this week. We miss him and hope to have him home this weekend!

Happy Savings to All! 

No comments: