Friday, February 16, 2024

Frugal Friday 527

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here's how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Friday night we went to the Dick's Outlet for spring sports gear for the kids. We found a great deal on tops and tennis shoes for Annabeth. We did find new baseball cleats for Owen that were a good sale for the brand but still much more money than I had hoped to spend. I did a quick Google search and found a better savings online. We left those at the store, ordered online, and they arrived this week saving us $35 from the outlet sale price.

- On the way home, we made a last minute decision to eat out. The kids had been very upset last week when Mark was called out right as we sat down to eat dinner. I found a $25 coupon and we took the kids to Bucca Di Beppo for the first time. Obviously, we could have stopped somewhere much more affordable but the kids loved the decor, the food was awesome as always, and with such large portions we also had it for lunch and snacks on Saturday. 

- On Saturday, Mark and Owen volunteered with the Scout making Super Bowl Subs. Their troop and pack sell this every year as a fundraiser. Annabeth spent the afternoon with Nana and they took a coupon to Bath and Bodyworks for a free lotion. Annabeth also spent some of her own money on some new soaps and such.

- Saturday morning I had a meeting with fellow MVP Travel Advisor Kiki. We went over our goals from the last month, helped each other with some projects, and set new goals until we meet again in March. Monday evening we had our team Zoom where we share ideas and learn more about our vendors. Since we work remotely, I really love these in person opportunities to work together. If you have travel plans for 2024 or 2025 please reach out at a.riley@magicalvacationplanner.com - I'd love to help you.

- Sunday after church Mark's mom hosted lunch for my birthday. I got to choose the menu of pizza and cookie cake. I was spoiled with a gift card to a coffee shop I love and new Mickey/Minnie bags. Thank you Rileys! 

- Monday and Tuesday were both incredibly busy with appointments, meetings, and getting into the busy busy part of dance season. I planned ahead some very basic, easy, quick dinners so we wouldn't be tempted to go out. We had two kinds of pasta/veggie bakes this week as well as BLT's. Everyone was actually happier than when I make big recipes. 

- I received my quarterly Rakuten check. I deposited into one of the kid's savings account. 

- Yesterday on the way to co-op, we realized that while we had made lunches we had forgotten the lunch bag. We went to recreation with friends for about 90 minutes after class and then left early to go home for lunch. We could have eaten out but it really, really wasn't in this week's budget so I held firm. 

I had a wonderful birthday week. I was most thankful for a nearly hour long phone call with my Momaw on my birthday. I don't know many people who have the joy of having grandparents still at my age and I am so thankful for her! The kids and Mark made a lovely dinner of cheese bread and cookies for me and surprised me with the most wonderful gift - a new chromebook! Mine has been dying a slow death for about a year, I've limped it along with a dead mouse, broken keys, and without any more updates (it's 5+ years old). I was just blown away by the surprise of a new computer for work and the fact that the kids have kept this secret for many weeks! 

We are looking forward to a cold, busy weekend

One of the highlights of the week has been kite flying.
Our neighbor Ed, who is around 90, came out to help Owen.
I feel so blessed to have such dear neighbors!


.Happy Savings to All! 

 

No comments: