Friday, May 5, 2023

Frugal Friday 492

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Friday was our last day of school! Our kids have officially finished 2nd and 6th grade! We always take the kids out to a special dinner, their choice of place, to celebrate. This year they chose Big Woods. It was Owen's first time there and he loved seeing the golfers while we waited for our food.

- Saturday morning the boys went to Little League day at the high school baseball game. Owen got in free so we just paid for Mark. 

- While the boys were there, Annabeth and I went to get the grocery pick-up. I found a Starbucks card in my wallet so I got her a treat while we were out. At home, we made desserts for Sunday Family Lunch. We made chocolate covered pretzels with spring colored sprinkles and rice krispie treats. 

- Saturday afternoon we all went out for a walk. Even lazy Oscar joined us for a bit and happily trotted around. After dinner, the kids went back out to ride bikes while Mark and I organized some totes in the garage. It began to rain while we were out and the kids LOVED that! 

- Sunday afternoon we had lunch at Mark's mom's house. We had a great time visiting with everyone. We took along the special desserts the kids had made. 

- After lunch, I picked up our few remaining items from the kids' sale. I will deliver the unsold clothing to friends who have a daughter and sons in smaller sizes than our kids. I am guessing the swimsuits and leotards will be hits.

- Tuesday and Wednesday we had some errands downtown. They were both chilly, but sunny, days so we took the time to walk downtown each day. I LOVE our little town and taking our daily walk in a different setting was great for everyone's mental health. 

- I've had the same phone for probably 4 years. (I literally do not care AT ALL about new phones/updated phone features. Mine calls, texts, and takes decent pics so I am happy) I've had the same case and screen protector this whole time. My old screen protector was getting quite bubbly as I have to peel it off for people to scan my phone at ticket venues. Mark spent $8 on Amazon and I got a new screen cover. It's like having brand new phone! It's so smooth, nice, and I don't have to bang on the screen to get it to read my fingerprint anymore!

- Yesterday I splurged on a new brand of dairy-free smoothies at the store. I was thrilled that I had an $8 off coupon AND cashback on Ibotta meaning they paid me $2 to take them out of the store. Didn't realize until I got home, took a sip, and my mouth/face blew up that it contained something I am allergic to. So...no fun treat for me but Mark will happily drink them so it was a win for him. 

- Last night, after a long doctor's appointment, I treated Annabeth to dinner out downtown. We walked afterwards and talked a ton. I cannot believe my girl just finished the 6th grade - she's really becoming a little lady!

- Mark and Owen went to his moms and fixed her dryer. Mark was able to source the needed part online and he was able to fix it so she didn't have to call/pay for a repair person to come out.

We had a great, first week of summer and are looking forward to some time off school!

Not from this week but it's our family
Easter picture that I don't think I ever shared

Happy Savings to All! 


No comments: