Friday, May 19, 2023

Frugal Friday 494

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last Saturday we had a 14 hour dance day. My parents and sister came into town for the weekend so everyone was able to take turns running home to play with Oscar and to replenish our snacks at the high school. The kids had their best performances of the season and are ready for recital and then nationals! We packed in lunch and snacks to help save money and also did not shop the t-shirt stand. 

- Sunday was Mother's Day and this year was extra special as both Mark and I were able to see our moms ON the holiday! After church we had lunch with the Kuhns, Mama chose chicken pot pie and pound cake as her special meal. We gifted her a giftcard to her favorite coffee shop and some bracelets the kids chose. For dinner, we headed to Mark's mom's house. We had a taco bar and favorite desserts of all of the moms in the group. Mark planted a special plant for her and then also gifted her some special items that Annabeth had shopped for. I felt very thankful to have the gift of time with all of my favorite people. Mark and the kids gifted me some Disney themed gifts and Owen made me a wood burned sign. 

With me three who call me "Mama"

- This was our third week of summer vacation. We had many, many appointments the first two weeks so this was our first week of truly "lazy" days at home. We spent many hours outside, built soooo many Lego creations, and read like crazy since the summer reading program began at the library.

- I made a semi-impulsive purchase online to help get me to free shipping. When it arrived it wasn't anything like what I wanted so I promptly returned it for cashback. I know I've mentioned it before but I know so many people who buy things they never use and yet never return them. I'd much rather have my money back than an item I might, maybe someday use.

- Tuesday we popped over to pre-shop a friends' book sale. We found a ton of great books for just $5. Thank you Liz and kids for the deal on books and afternoon of fun!

- We ate our meals at home this week. We spent $50 at the grocery and are really just counting down until we can get fresh foods at the local farmer's market. We're also working on diligently eating down our freezer as our pig and cow will arrive later in the summer. 

- Last night was my last big commitment for the school year with our co-op. We are very blessed to do part of school each year with this group but I am very thankful for the summer off!! 

- I have had several phone meetings with clients for Disney 2024 trips. I can begin booking these trips on May 31 so please reach out if you are interested in a trip next year! 

We are looking forward to all of our school friends being out of school soon so we can begin the fun of summer play!

Happy Savings to All! 


No comments: