Friday, January 15, 2021

Frugal Friday 377

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- We had an overabundance of potatoes this week. Mark bought some, I bought some, and someone brought us some. Thankfully a friend posted on Facebook that she had accidentally bought too many bananas so we traded. Later in the week, I found that we had accidentally ordered a ton of onions so we traded again yesterday bananas for onions. Thanks Ann!

- I purchased a pair of baseball cleats for just $7 from my friend Alysha. Her son barely wore them since they had a short season and Owen will most likely be in that size this spring/summer. Even on end of year clearance, the cheapest I had found was $25/pair. I was thankful to get these at a great price on a really nice pair of cleats! 

- This week I resisted the urge to shop online. We have been home SO much and flipping through websites is kind of fun but I did a great job and skipped buying anything new. Anything I really loved and wanted to remember, I pinned on Pinterest.

- I did make one store purchase this week. We have been planning to redo our living room (a tiny bit of paint and just a few decor switches for hopefully a big/cheap change) and while I was browsing in Marshalls I found a painting super similar to what I had pinned. The online ones were $150+ and the Marshalls version was only $30!!! I haven't been in that store for 6+ months but I was glad I stopped in! 

- I splurged Wednesday night and had dinner with a friend. We try not not to eat out often so that was a special treat!

- I set a huge cleaning/organizing goal for January and this week we worked our way through the school room. We were able to pass along a book rack to friends who wanted it. I also took an entire tote of paper to recycling and added many items to the Kids' Sale tote. 

- Along with my clean out goals, I set the goal of donating at least one large trash bag and/or large box of items every week of January. So far we have taken two large trash bags of items to the donation center. I did keep the books separate and donated those to a Little Free Library. 

- In fun, family news - Owen lost his first tooth this week! He was VERY excited! He earned $.25 from the Tooth Fairy. 


Overall we had a very low key week. We are staying home and doing lots of reading, crafting, and even some baking. 

Happy Savings to All! 



No comments: