Friday, January 29, 2021

Frugal Friday 379

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last Saturday Mark worked in the garage. Even in the extreme cold, he got a decent amount of shelving cleared out.

- Sunday we met Mark's family for lunch. His parents treated all of us to pizza and we took Nana's Daylight Donuts (plug for a friend's great business!) for dessert. We had a fun afternoon of visiting and playing. 

- Tuesday morning the kids and I prepped our spring sale totes. We got all of our non-clothing items entered into the system and all of our clothing items organized. We still have Owen's spring/summer wardrobe to try on and sort through.

- Annabeth has finally had a growth spurt and the clothing she wore the past two summers is too small. We cleared out nearly 40 items from her wardrobe, inventoried for this summer, and made a short shopping list of what she'll need. 

- I listed several groupings of her clothes on Facebook. Sold many of them. Made: $35 

- I enjoyed a little treat from a local shop while running errands one evening. I felt like the walls were closing in so I ran out for about 45 minutes and thanks to a giftcard from Christmas enjoyed a smoothie in silence!

- In the midst of our deep cleaning, I even cleaned out Oscar's area. I threw away several well chewed toys and found three items from his surgery recovery that we no longer need. We donated them to the Humane Society this week.

- We did the Walmart online pick up again for our groceries this week. It really helped me stay on budget and avoid impulse purchases.

- Yesterday we did get "eat out food" (the kids have been asking for weeks!) as we picked up lunch for my sister-in-law. I was so excited to sit and chat with her for a few hours while the kids played. I am really blessed that both of my sister-in-laws and I came into Mark's family around the same time so it's always been the three of us more as friends than just regular sister-in-laws.

- Today is Oscar Chase's 1st Birthday! It's hard to believe our little baby pup is already one! Happy Birthday!

Picking up Oscar.
Our first day as a family of five.

We have continued to stay home, our days filled with schoolwork, so not a lot to report. That being said, we've been up late talking, crunching numbers, talking to experts, etc as we make some big decisions about what we want to do with our finances in the next few years.

What are your financial goals for 2021? How are you making them a reality?

Happy Savings to All!

No comments: