That's right, we are 4 months today! We celebrate by reading the "16 Weeks" entry in "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and throwing up all morning.
Cravings: Fruit and Ice Water
Aversions: All Meat. Yuck!
Weight Gain: -19 pounds (Trying to hard to gain and no progress...)
Feeling: Sick, more excited than ever, and ready for our appointment on Thursday when we'll hear the heartbeat again!
In about 5 weeks we should know Baby's flavor! We cannot wait to call him/her by name!
Saturday, April 2, 2011
We are excited (and by excited I mean - THRILLED!!!) to share that we are expecting! We keep being asked the same questions so I'll try to answer them here:
- When did you find out? January 28, 2011
- When are you due? October 8, 2011
- Why keep it a secret so long? We had been trying for most of our marriage for this little one so we wanted to be "safely" into our pregnancy before sharing the news.
- Why did Mark post it on Facebook on April Fools? Our third doctor's appointment was on March 31st and we spent that evening telling family. It just ended up being a little inconvenient that everyone else learned on April Fools.
- How has Amy been feeling? Weeks 1 -6 FANTASTIC Weeks 8 - 12 HORRIBLE!!! I am very hopeful that the worst of the morning-noon-night sickness is over!
- How has Mark been feeling? Tired and tired of finishing Amy's meals for her.
- Have you gained any weight? No, unfortunately having been so sick Amy has lost 12 pounds and Mark has added a diet to the chaos of our lives and has lost 10. Our goal this month is for Amy to gain and Mark to keep loosing.
- Have you had an ultrasound? No, our first one will be around 17 weeks. We did hear the heartbeat on March 31 and it was an incredible sounding 154! :)
- Is this your first pregnancy? Yes. We thank God that while we have been trying for so long we have not had to endure the pain and loss of a miscarriage.
- We know you were told that this would "never happen naturally" by more than one set of doctors, did you use fertility treatments? Yes, the most effective of them all PRAYER and complete FAITH IN OUR AMAZING GOD.