Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:
- The kids and I went to the dentist last week. We all had good check-ups and the kids had days worth of fun playing with the gloves and masks the dentist sent home.
Annabeth Riley, Child Dentist at Work
- Mark worked on night at his part time job and I had an Usborne Books party.
- We had Sunday lunch at Mark's parents house. They generously sent home leftovers which we had for Sunday dinner and Monday lunch. Thank you all!
- Mark had the day off on Monday and spent some one-on-one time with each of the kids and also had a good visit with a friend who is at the Masonic Home, recovering from surgery. Please, dear friends, pray for our friend Dave as he fights throat cancer.
- Mark spoke at a boy scout meeting earlier this year and they sent him the cutest thank you cards as well as a Steak and Shake gift-card. He took Annabeth out on a Daddy Daughter Date on Monday for dinner.
- Tuesday was BEAUTIFUL! It was over 70 degrees, sunny, and breezy! We spent most of the day outdoors and the kids loved being out back for hours. We are all ready for spring!
- I took advantage of the nice weather and cleaned out the garage a bit. I brought our spring sale totes inside and organized them. We ended up taking a bag of stuff to Goodwill. I also got all of our 150+ items entered into the computer and organized. We'll just have to tag at some point before April.
- We got our latest PinchMe.com box. This box contained four samples: a shampoo/conditioner set, body scrub*, kids' snack bar*, and a coupon for a FREE box of hair color. I was very excited for the hair color as it's the brand I already use. *Items contained items that Annabeth is allergic to. We tried them carefully without her in the area* If you haven't signed up for PinchMe, you should - it's free and every month you qualify great samples come free to your door!
- Annabeth has a dance competition this weekend about an hour from home. The times worked out well and we won't have to be there until mid-day on Saturday and all of her dances are close together. We had reserved a hotel in case she danced over two days or very early in the morning. Since that didn't happen we were able to cancel the reservation, free of charge. Saved: $135
We are looking forward to a dance weekend and celebrating the life of a beautiful young woman who entered the Life Eternal last week. Please pray for the family of young Moyra and for peace for all those who love her.
Happy Savings to All!