Friday, February 9, 2018

Frugal Friday 231

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last Saturday, Mark and Annabeth went up north for a cousin's 1st birthday party. Owen was sick, I was getting sick, and so we stayed home. Mark and Annabeth had a great time seeing family we don't see very often - for example they were just meeting the birthday boy! I treasured a day home with just Owen. We read, played cars, and built with duplos. It was wonderful.

- Mark's parents treated us to superbowl subs. The boy scout troop that Mark helps lead sells these every year as a fundraiser. We enjoyed them for two meals over the weekend. Thank you all! :)

- We had a box of new books come from Usborne Books & More. Some were items from Annabeth's wishlist and others are for my Spring Open House. Annabeth LOVES the new Billy and the Mini Monsters series and read the whole first book in one night!

She loves these books!
She read while I cooked dinner and as soon as she was done eating
she asked to bring her book to the table. 

- I did our weekly grocery shopping and saved $17.50 with coupons. I also scored an awesome deal on fake eyelashes that Annabeth needs for dance - they were 55% off plus an extra 25% off that clearance price! Woohoo! I also took two items to return when I went so I had an extra $6.51 to spend.

- Since we had sick people, we stayed home on Sunday and enjoyed a family game day. Mark was called into work around 5 so the kids and I watched the Superbowl by ourselves. We prayed before the game for the players' safety and we stood and sang the anthem when it was played. It was nice to take the time to remind our children that above all else God should be honored and that, in my opinion, our country is beautiful and our anthem and flag represent a rich and vibrant history and thus deserve our respect.

- Sunday Mark finished his water heater project. He has slowly replaced all of the inside parts so we basically have a brand-new water heater except for the tank itself. We have saved over $800 by doing it this way! Owen is very interested in tools and helping right now so Mark put him to work.

Few things make me happier than watching Mark work with
our children, instilling in them valuable lifeskills.

- Mark worked one night at his part-time job.

- Yesterday, Annabeth I and I worked for over four hours on cleaning her room! We took every single thing out, sorted, and only put back things she really wants. We ended up with half a bag of trash (broken toys or things with missing pieces) and a whole tote of items for the Spring Sale. Owen enjoyed bossing us around. He kept saying "Yes. I am the parent. Pick up!"

We are looking forward to a weekend with my family and getting ready to celebrate my birthday next week! I cannot believe it's #31!

Happy Savings to All!

No comments: