Friday, February 2, 2018

Frugal Friday 230

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we spent money wisely/saved extra money/made extra money this week:

- I had one Usborne Book party.

- We had a low key weekend last weekend which was AMAZING! Saturday we enjoyed our nephew's 6th birthday party and then we spent the rest of the weekend working on little projects around the house and spending time as a family. Mark did take each of the kids out on a one-on-one trip with him. They all loved that and I loved having just one kid at home for a little bit each day.

- Wednesday the kids and I drove down to the Columbus area to play with our friends the Otte Family. We packed lunch and took them a whole bag of hand-me-downs from the Junk Exchange. We enjoyed touring their new house and seeing old friends!

- Wednesday evening Mark helped friends put up hay. They generously paid him for his help.

- I ran a Cards for a Cause Fundraiser through my Usborne Book business and helped two families earn $200 for their children's dance fees.

- Annabeth baked cookies for the dance moms at our studio. Many of us moms have been talking about doing special things for each other but just haven't done it. It was our pleasure to take treats for some of our favorite people.

- Last night Mark treated me to Starbucks while I had coffee out with a friend. She is someone I see often, but always with kids, and it was great to just talk without interruption.

We had a nice, low key school week and are looking forward to a busy weekend waiting for a new baby to arrive, filling the Weekend Meal Bags, celebrating a family birthday, and Sunday church and lunch with Mark's Family.

This is from a couple of weeks ago, 
but I just love how much they love to be together. 

Happy Savings to All!


No comments: