Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:
- Last Saturday, Annabeth had a dance competition in Indy. We packed our water and dinner so we would not have to buy expensive concessions. Annabeth did choose to spend some of her own spending money on a popular item - a squishy toy.
- Sunday, Mark's parents treated us to lunch at Johnny Carino's. The kids especially love eating there and it was such a treat to have fancy, eat out food. Thank you to them!
- Sometimes when we visit our local libraries, I check out their free books to take home. This week I found a great looking pioneer book. The kids and I are currently reading the Kirsten series from American Girl and that will fit in nicely as we discuss all things pioneer!
- Sunday afternoon, Annabeth and I ran to the library to pick up some books we had on hold. We also stopped by the Franklin Story Walk's Free Little Library. She traded a board book about tap dancing for a chapter book about the Bernstein Bears Bear Scouts.
- Annabeth chose her birthday gift to give Owen next week. We used a $6 coupon and she is very excited to give him a PJ Masks "Cat Boy" toy.
- Our church is gearing up for our church garage sale. The ladies mission group puts this event together using all donations from the church and all of the money raised goes right back into local service projects that our church runs weekly/monthly. I challenged the kids and me to each pick out at least 10 nice items to donate. Owen went through his toys and chose about 20 toys. Annabeth went well above and beyond choosing some books and then made lots of goodie bags filled with smaller toys like Shopkins. I went through and found books, photo frames, jewelry, and some household decor to donate. My favorite thing about the church sale is that shoppers just give what they can. Those who live within walking distance of our church do not have much to give and as we work we love to encourage them to fill bags with much needed kitchen supplies, clothes, shoes, and books for their children for whatever they can spare.
- Wednesday was our 9th Wedding Anniversary. I took Annabeth to dance class, Owen and Mark had "Man Night" When Annabeth and I got home, Mark and I went over to our neighbors with her and talked to them for a bit. Ed and Gloria have been married for 61 years and it was fun to get some advice from them! After the kids went to bed, we had Penn Station for dinner and a long, sweet talk about where we have come from and where we are going.
Celebrating #9 with my Always and Forever
- Mark and Annabeth have a small fishtank. I mentioned our new fish last week, and have added two more "Orange Juice" and "Angel." Mark also scored a great deal on a larger tank and stand by buying used from a co-worker. He paid $60 on a set that is worth $300+
- Yesterday the kids and I drove down to the Louisville area to meet up with my best friend and her boys. She set up a whole fun water play area in their backyard and the kids had such a great time! They also have a sno-cone machine so the kids were in heaven! Thank you Rose for the wonderful day away!
We had a wonderful week and are looking ahead to a great Memorial Day Weekend.
Happy Savings to All!