Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely this week:
- We ate lunch out and used a coupon. Saved: $3
- Mark installed a new faucet to fix a leaky sink. We saved money by him doing the work himself and should save a bit on the water bill without the leak.
- Mark also installed a low-flow shower head in our second shower. We did the first one last year when we moved in but just installed this one as well. We are hoping to see a change in our water bill from this as well.
- Mark and I enjoyed a date night at Penn Station while Annabeth stayed with Nana and PawPaw. We miss eating there - since they use peanut oil we do not ever go with Nanners. We enjoyed a Two Can Eat for $13.99 deal.
- We had new friends over for a playdate. Usually when it's the first time having new people over, I panic and stress about what to feed them. This time, I finally managed to relax and instead of going to the grocery, I chose to cook with what we had at home. We enjoyed scrambled eggs, cheeses, cinnamon rolls, and fruit.
- I made Freezer Meals for the first time. I was able to make 6 meals for under $5.50/meal.
- Friends had us over for a Fall Craft Playdate on the first day of fall. The girls painted pumpkins, played with homemade playdough, and played a rice/candy corn game.
Playing with homemade playdough.
- Science and Math both used water this week, as we are discussing the concepts of Floating vs. Sinking objects as well as volume and density. Once we were done with the lessons, we used the water to water our plants instead of just pouring it down the drain.
- Annabeth and I ate our meals at home.
- A lady on Facebook was looking for Box Tops for Education for her daughter's school. We donated our stash to her.
- We fingerpainted with shaving creme for part of school this week.
One of my favorite memories from school at Trinity was shaving creme finger painting!
We hope you all had a wonderful week and that those of you who live in our area also enjoyed this warm weather for fall!
Happy Savings to All!
"Buy Used and Save the Difference"