Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:
- My parents brought up a china cabinet from Grandma and Grandpa Chico's house. We spent Saturday organizing everything and it looks beautiful. It is so special for us to have another piece from their house to enjoy.
- While Mama and Dad were up visiting for the long weekend, they were kind enough to take family photos of us at our favorite park. We will use the photos to make Christmas gifts for family. Here is an outtake from the shoot:
The Riley Three
- Since we had company over the weekend, we made larger meals than usual and were treated to lunch out on Sunday. We were able to eat leftovers for three meals early in the week.
- Mark worked Saturday and Monday at a friend's house helping with indoor and outdoor projects. Made: $50
- I had filled out a rebate a few weeks ago. The check came in the mail this weekend. Made: $10
- Mark's parents had purchased a large bag of popcorn that they ended up not liking. They sent it home with us. Yummy!
We love Boom-Chicka-Pop
We love that they are a dairy, egg, and peanut free facility!
- For the month of September, our library is having extra storytimes. They are called "Sing and Swing Storytime." We will be able to enjoy 2 or 3 of them.
- I treated Annabeth to a special lunch from McDonald's using a coupon. She had a cheeseburger, fries, and drink for FREE! While there they gave us another coupon for a FREE cookie on our next visit.
- Wednesday night we sold our Tribute. It was my first car and I was so sad to let it go. However, the new car came in June and it really doesn't make sense for our family to have two cars. We have kept it for the past few months and only driven the Tribute a handful of times. As it costs $1,000+ a year just to insure and register it we decided it was the best financial decision to sell it and add the money to savings.
We are happy that September is here! We are praying for cooler weather soon and are looking forward to cooking with apples and pumpkins soon!
Happy Savings to All!
"Buy Used and Save the Difference"