Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely this week:
- Friday's homeschool lesson called for Annabeth to play online games for computer time. She enjoyed 30 minutes of FREE play time on http://pbskids.org/games/abc/.
- Thursday I made homemade potato soup in the crockpot. It yielded 12 servings for $6. That is just $.50 a serving!
- The consignment sale I do, requires all clothing items to be hung on wire hangers. Originally I purchased a sale kit from the sale owners and found wire hangers around the house but the last sale nearly depleted my supply. I put a post on Facebook and was excited to learn that our friends Tiara and Shane had tons of wire hangers that they wanted to get rid of - Shane's uniforms come on wire hangers each week so they have a huge supply! T brought over 111 hangers for us! Saved: $20 by not having to buy them! Thank you!!
- As the weather has cooled down, we have been able to turn the air way up and just cool the house by opening the screen door and the windows. We were able to do this a few weeks in August as well. It made a $50 difference in our electric bill last month!
- Every three months we receive a bonus reward through Pampers Rewards. This month we received 24 FREE address labels from Shutterfly - Pampers paid for the labels and shipping! Saved: $10.98
- We shared a Free Kids Meal Coupon to Chilli's with one of Annabeth's dance class friends.
- Instead of buying expensive teacher supplies, I either hit the Dollar Tree, Target Dollar Section, or make due with what we have. For example, this week one of our lessons called for special blocks and color coded bins. We just used some colored blocks we already had and random containers from around the house. It worked out just fine.
- Mark and Annabeth built and painted a birdhouse for Mark's Dad's birthday.
PawPaw opening his birthday present
- We enjoyed Homeschool Days at Conner Prairie. Annabeth was just $5 and I, as a Home Educator, was FREE! Saved: $20
A future homemaker in training - cooking dinner with a baby on her hip
We had a very busy week. Annabeth and I were out of the house everyday for classes, homeschool group, and a playdate. We are looking forward to a weekend with family!
Happy Savings to All!
"Buy Used and Save the Difference"