Happy Thanksgiving Weekend!
We are so thankful for ALL OF YOU!
Here is how we saved money/spent money wise/made extra money this week:
- Last Friday, we all went to the Superhero Academy at our library. The kids listened to superhero stories and then made arm-bands, masks, and capes to be their own superheroes. We enjoyed the library computers and toys after as well.
Annabeth was making superhero arm-bands
and Owen was pouring glue on the table.
- Mark worked a shift at his part time job and I had an Usborne Book Party.
- My best-friend is expecting a baby, due in February, and has already been asked to do modified bed-rest. Last Saturday, Mark kept our kids home and I drove down to her house to help clean, run errands, and I made lunch/leftovers for dinner. She is a friend who has always been there for me and it was such a blessing to be there for her!
- Sunday, Mark helped a friend move. They treated him to dinner as a thank-you.
- Annabeth went to a birthday party Sunday afternoon. They played group games and made crafts. She had a great time! Owen and I spent the afternoon cleaning out the school room. We were able to get rid of a whole tote of paper.
- Our friends Jeanette and Audrey came to play on Monday. Jeanette had borrow a pie pan and returned it with homemade donuts! Thank you!
- I receieved a check from Ebates. I added it to our extra mortgage payment :)
- A friend was over and our girls were playing Dominos. She mentioned wanting to get some. I said, "No! We have extra." I gave them a set out of our gift tote. Last Christmas, Annabeth got three sets and we already had two so I have just been keeping them around waiting to give them to someone.
- Mark and his brother Matt hunted this week. They did not see any deer but I think they had a good time together anyway. Mark is hoping to head out more between work the next few weeks.
- The kids made free Thanksgiving crafts at the library and at dance class this week. Annabeth is almost past wanting to make the cutesy turkeys so I was thankful for one more year of them!
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with the Rileys yesterday and are looking forward to a weekend with more family time.
Happy Savings to All!