Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money:
- I passed along maternity clothes to a friend. These were items I am attached to and was having a hard time donating. Jen is such a sweet friend and a wonderful Mama and it made it easy to give them to her!
- A co-worker/friend gifted us a tv and a tv stand. We didn't need a new tv but he insisted so we have it now. The tv stand was an awesome surprise since Annabeth chewed on our old one a month ago. It was not made of real wood so it couldn't easily be sanded and painted or stained so we had just been living with the old one. It was also frustrating because it was rather low and now that Owen is pulling up he was constantily messing with all of the cords, dvd player, etc. Now we have a slimmer, taller cabinet and he cannot reach anything! It is so much nicer! It is oak so we are planning to sand and stain it darker in a few weeks.
- Mark and Annabeth went to Touch-A-Truck. This $5 (per child) event raises money for a charity called Beats for Bristol. Annabeth loves to see the school bus every year!
- Mark worked 24 hours at his part time job in addition to his full time job.
- I ordered a photo gift from Shutterfly using a coupon code to get the item FREE! Saved: $19.99
- We took the kids to the park and pool for our Anniversary. The water was still very cold but Annabeth and Mark loved it anyway! Owen and I enjoyed putting our toes in a few times but preferred to sit in the sun!
- We ate our anniversary lunch out at a pizza buffet. Kids eat free plus we were there at the end and the manager sent us home with all of the garlic breadsticks and dessert breadsticks from the buffet! Bread is the perfect anniversary gift for me!!
- I made a trip to Dollar Tree with the last of our Christmas gift cards. I was able to get all of the paper supplies for Owen's birthday party as well as some other party decorations and favors. All for FREE!
- We bought Owen his first pair of shoes! Since he is one next week, I decided it might be time to stop taking him barefoot everywhere. We went to the Stride Rite Outlet and saved $13.01 off the regular price.
Mr. O looks pretty happy in his first shoes!
It's like he knows he is almost one - he looks like a toddler now!
- We met friends in Columbus and the Stair family shared baby food for Owen and the Ebling family shared some fun snacks for the family. Thank you all!
- We were able to give away our old tv. We received a tv as a Christmas gift and the old one has been in our dining room since December. We were not able to find anyone who wanted or needed it and they can no longer be donated at Goodwill. We finally found someone who needed it through a family in our homeshool group. We were more than happy to share!
We had a great week and are looking forward to enjoying Memorial Day Weekend with family.
Happy Savings to All!