Friday, May 6, 2016

Frugal Friday 141

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Mark worked one shift at his part time job.

- Saturday we enjoyed the St. Francis Women's and Children's Departments' Grand Opening. We braved the rain for free make-up, ink pens, hand sanitizers, and little toys and stickers for Annabeth. She enjoyed painting a flower pot with flowers in it for Mother's Day and also enjoyed painting a canvas. We all enjoyed a free cooking demonstration and Annabeth was able to help the nutritionist do all of the mixing of the ingredients. We had hoped that Annabeth would be thrilled by the Disney Princesses that were there - she was terrified. But she did love seeing our doctor there; she was a bigger hit than the princesses!
Annabeth and I also enjoyed the fun photo booth:


- I enjoyed reading our FREE copy of Home School Enrichment magazine.

- One of Annabeth's dance teachers has recently become a certified yoga instructor. We had her come to the house to teach a small yoga class for our Homeschool Group. Each child paid just $5 which we thought was a great deal!

- I ordered a few photo prints from Walgreens.com. Ebates applied an online coupon saving me $.81 and I earned 4% cashback!

- We deep cleaned the schoolroom and kitchen this week.

- We enjoyed a marble paint project thanks to our friends/neighbors. I love spending time with Andrea and Annabeth loved painting with the girls!

- I colored my hair at home for around $5 after coupons and a store sale. I am happy to go back to my lighter, summer hair.

- I cleaned out some more of my clothes and found another 10 items to donate. I keep sorting through things when I am in the mood and am always happy to see some of the clutter leave.

We had a very productive week, the first one of those in about a month. We got quite a few big cleaning projects done as well as lots of crafting for birthdays and Mother's Day this weekend.

Happy Savings to All!

2 comments:

Abbi said...

That is funny about the doctor vs. the princesses. :-) How nice that you have been able to get rid of some clutter. I am working on that too and want to do more.

Amy and Mark said...

We have been working on our clutter for more than a year now. I often feel like we've been working so long that our house should be empty. That being said, each time I return to an area to clean, I find more to share with others. Best wishes for your decluttering efforts as well!