Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:
- Mark volunteered at the annual sheriff's ride. They had a wet, but good morning.
- Saturday night, Mark and Owen went to the Colts game. The tickets were a gift from his brother's family. They had a great evening out at the "baseball" game. Poor Owen - he needs Sports 101~
Owen called it "baseball" and thinks Blue the mascot is Eyore but he sure had fun
eating lots and lots of snacks!
- I stayed home from the game to pick Annabeth up from a dance workshop. She and I ate dinner out with a coupon, got free dessert at Meijer by redeeming some rewards, and then had a free movie night at home. I love one-on-one time with my girl!
- Annabeth did a two night cheer clinic at our local high school. This clinic is a great deal as she gets 4 hours of classes, a shirt and bow, and a chance to show off her new skills at the high school football game tonight all for just $30. We enjoy supporting FCHS year round and especially through this fundraiser. Go Grizzlie Cubs!
- Tuesday we cancelled plans for a field trip due to the heat and stayed home and had a play morning with friends. This saved us gas money as well a great deal of complaining in the heat I am sure. We will attempt to make the rescheduled date in September when hopefully the weather is far cooler.
- Tuesday and Wednesday we had at home water days. We got the kiddie pool out and splashed in the heat. As it was over 90 both days this was a welcome after-school treat.
- Wednesday my parents came up for the day and brought us the rest of our new schoolroom shelves. Thank you all so much!
- Thursday we headed down to our favorite lake to visit the Ottes. The kids had an awesome time feeding the fish and swimming. I was thankful for a chat with a good friend. Thankful for friends who show such great hospitality as it is such an encouragement for me to do the same in my own home.
We are looking ahead to a good Labor Day Weekend!
Thankful for all working people! Happy Labor Day!