Friday, August 10, 2018

Frugal Friday 257

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we save money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- The kids and I took a $100 trip to Micghigan to visit friends and see some sights. That included gas, the breakfast and lunches we packed (we ate dinner each night with our hosts), one lunch out, one souvenier for each child, and Owen's Christmas ornament.

- Tuesday night, we enjoyed National Night Out and were happy to see lots of police, fire, and ems vehicles and workers. We were excited for the chance to say "Thank you" to all those who serve and protect our community.

 We had to begin and end with Daddy's station.
While being a LEO family comes with lots of seperations and challenges we
thank God for seeing to Mark's protection each and every day. 
Owen was so nervous about sitting in the firetruck but was so excited
that he had to try! I love that I captured his "nervous" smile.

- Mark worked at his part time job and over-time at his regular job. I worked 15 hours on my Usborne book business.

- A few weeks ago, a friend who bakes posted that she was looking to buy cookie cutters. I happened to have the shapes she needed so I loaned them to her. She brought them back with party goodie bags for the kids and cookies for me! Thank you Katelyn!

- Wednesday we drove down to the Louisville area to visit friends. The kids loved playing with some of their favorite friends and I enjoyed a day with my best friend. Thank you for lunch and yummy dessert!

- Wednesday evening, we played outside after dinner at the kids found a cicada emerging from its shell. They were amazed and so was I.

 I pray that I am teaching my children to slow down
and to enjoy the journey. 
Annabeth named her "Wings to the Sky"

- I received my quarterly eBates check and earned back $24.04 by shopping online through eBates. My checks aren't usually this much but I got an awesome rebate by booking a hotel through eBates!!

- Thursday morning we celebrated National Booklover's Day at our local bookshop Wild Geese Bookshop. The kids traded four of their well loved books for a brand-new "Who Was?" book. It has ALWAYS been a dream of mine to own or work in a bookstore and by selling Usborne books I have checked that item off my bucket list!

- Thursday evening we enjoyed a plant class and prairie walk put on by DNR and one of our libraries. We enjoyed learning about lots of plants and seeing some friends as well. We each got a packet of seeds at the end of the class.

We had a busy, busy week and are looking ahead to more travels in the weeks to come!

Happy Savings to All! 

No comments: